Help with LCD Setup would be great

bperrybap:
Ask away with questions.
Sounds like the Ebay seller didn't provide much information.
If you are looking for a data sheet, usually the part numbers on the back of the
glcd module can be searched to locate at datasheet.

---- bill

Your right about the lack of documentation, it came with absolutely zip,zero,nada,nowt. so's all i got to go on is whats being served online in html / pdf / YouTube etc but to be honest the price for the board was great and the delivery was eeriely fast despite coming from hong kong *4 Days and one of those was because i was out and it needed a signature to collect/confirm delivery (my gfriend is ebay-a-holic)even she claims never to have seen the likes in regards to speedy delivery & that's from anywhere in Europe (excluding UK,which being home) -arg i digress on with the point (did i even have one?) ((Ah yes, yes i did()

so despite the lack of anything whatsoever in regards to pre-bundled literature/datasheets and the likes has been surpassed by the amazingly newbie friendly online communities (such as here and people willing to lend advice such as yourself which are a godsend (i'd be waaaayyy screwed without people like yourself and sites such as here)

so today's the day i have put aside to get this lcd and my arduino to make up and play nice together, i will report back with my results if its of any interest to anyone out there.

perhaps i could even write up a tutorial on how exactly to achieve harmony with my Arduino ATMega128 and the TM1284L-2.

needs to be said again, thank you all (esp you bill) for your efforts in this wonderful world of open source hardware. Im already wondering what life without an new ongoing project might be like (shudder*)

anytime your in the uk/london area please let me buy you a beer or breadboard or something)

thanks
7anked