Using CEE 7/7 Hybrid Plug in India is dangerous!

Hi,

Almost everyone here has some kind of IT equipment, Laptops, Desktops, Tablets, etc. Now the chargers of the said equipments usually have plugs which look odd. They are CEE 7/7 "Hybrid" plugs. "Hybrid" in the sense that, they fit CEE 7/4 Schuko German Plug/Socket and CEE 7/5 French Plug/Socket. The sockets for the CEE 7/7 Hybrid have a Earth pin or clips at the sides depending on whether you are in Germany or France.
I have included the picture of a CEE 7/7 Hybrid Plug and Socket in this post.

These plugs are great but in India they pose a real problem. The Indian Electrical plugs are based on the British BS 546. The sockets for the BS 546 have a hole for the Earth pin of the plug.

So when you push in a CEE 7/7 Hybrid into the Indian sockets you get the power BUT you are trying to mate 2 holes for the Earth connection which is not possible. The end result is that you don't get the Earth protection, which is very very dangerous by itself. :astonished:

And when you put in the factors like India's faulty power grid and the fact that we people(or the kids in some cases) tinker with Arduino which may be connected to our Laptops and Desktops(without any Earth connection), this is the perfect recipe for a disaster. :fearful: :fearful:

So my questions are:

1. Has anyone tried contacting the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) for the replacement of the power cords or adapters which have the CEE plug? Aren't they responsible for the safety issues arising from the use of their products?
    2)Is there an travel adapter for CEE 7/7 Hybrid to Indian Standard? If yes, do you have the links to buy this adapter online? Flipkart links, preferable.
    3)Any other suggestions that you might have for this problem.

Please understand that this is very very important.

Thanking you,

Ativerc

Pictures and other resources:
1)Picture of CEE 7/7 Hybrid plug: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/CEE_7-7.jpg
2)Wiki for CEE 7/4 German & CEE 7/5 French: AC power plugs and sockets - Wikipedia
3)Picture for BS 546 Standard 5A Socket:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/5A_BS546_socket.jpg
4)Picture for BS 546 Standard Plug:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/BS-546-3-pin-plugs.jpg/640px-BS-546-3-pin-plugs.jpg
5)Wiki for British BS 546 Standard:AC power plugs and sockets: British and related types - Wikipedia
6)Indian National Electrical Code 2011 (SP:30): SP 30: National Electrical Code 2011 : Bureau of Indian Standards : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive (I would have included the actual pdf. But it's huge ~ 35MB)

I have same problem with my recently bought Seasonic 650x km3. Have found any solution? any compitible adapter or replacement cable?

for connecting multiple/different standard twopins/threepins multiplug(search in google "abc multiplug" in google) may be soln. according to safety and lighting code issue be safe yourself like careful of maximum load power (generally ac multiplug written and useable are different in chainese equipment), environment like damp/ouside, mcb, wire/cable sheilding, earthing/protection issues.