Idea that I need help with (spinning led system)

Ok, so this is going to be a hard one to talk about, and I need to state kind of what I mean. Pretty much, for my idea, I am going to have a bunch of surface mount rgb led's that spin on a cylinder surrounded by fiber optics. Rather then spinning to show a globe like effect, these fiber optic lines will be run into a panel, in series to create rows and columns. The idea is to spin the surface mounted leds and pulse them on to the corresponding pixel of where that fiber optic goes. Effecting making an LED that is spinning at 20000rpm work as 33 pixels, or more at higher speeds.

The basic idea is to get a whole bunch of these to work in sequence to create an LED screen with much less rgb leds. The idea past that is to polarize the end of the fiber optics that would be the display (doubling the pixel count unfortunately) to create an LED polarized 3d. I don't know if you guys are understanding what I mean by all of this, but it's an idea. Pretty much, OLEDs are just way to expensive, and who wouldn't want a 50' polarized 3d screen for around $5k (I have no clue on the actual price. The cheapest I've found smd rgb leds was $0.74 each... I'm sure cheaper in bulk as well) I'm just wondering on the idea.

Pretty much it'd be something like this 3D led display globe - YouTube but instead of being a globe image, it would be outputting to a screen. It's in the idea stage.

So, my main question, is it even possible to have a spinning system like in the video link, but not have the power source, or the data signal built into the spinning thing?

There is a thing for that, i think it's called a slip ring. It will let you transfer an electric signal to a spinning object.
They come i variuos forms with different numbers of "signals" transferred, but the quality ones cost an arm and a leg.

That's about right. If I did my numbers right (60 seconds * 24fps = 1440rpm) this could be useful. Question is, how well they would hold up to long term use at ~1500rpm. The other question is how many blinks I can get per single rotation. At a 720p resolution (1280 * 720 * 2 = 1,843,200 pixels) and say I can make 360 pixels worth per rotation (360 degrees, 1 blink per degree) that's using 5,120 leds... which would make this expensive as all get out...

The plus is, it'd be 3d with only polarized glasses (glasses are cheap.) and the color doesn't decay like OLED does being that it's standard led. Problem is cost and size. Even with surface mounts, 5k leds is a lot. And the cheapest I've found RGB leds is roughly $0.41usd when bought in this kind of bulk. For all the basic parts just for testing (not counting the Fiber optics I would need) this little project would cost over $3k for a 720p screen.

... Ah the joy of having an idea.