Seeeduino Stalker and a Cp2102 USB to UART convertor programming problem

I bought a couple of the version 1.0 of the Seeeduino Stalker (168), the price was great given the onboard RTC, battery backup, XBee adaptor, etc.

I had purchased a couple of the Cp2102 USB to UART convertors and these (or similar) were needed as the Stalker does not have an onboard FTDI

I have the convertor connected to the Serial connector on the Stalker in the following fashion

Convertor Stalker Serial Connector
5 V Vdd
Ground Ground
RX PD1(TXD)
TX PD0(RXD)
RST DTR

To test the system I just opened one of the examples, Blink, that did not work when I tried to upload.

For the board I chose all of the boards that had a ATMega168 onboard trying to find a mathc that would work and all I got was the "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" error

I have seen a couple of posts here and on the net that used the Cp2102 chip convertor successfully with the Arduino IDE and they made the same connections I did between the convertor and the board. Is there a setting or configuration change I need to make in the IDE to get this combo running?

Thanks

wade

(deleted)

I don't think the 2302 and 2102 are that close as the datasheet for the 2102 has the RXD on pin 25 and TXD on pin 26. I do not have the 9 pin connector only 6. Another confusing issue for me is: I do not know what difference I would get if I connected the RXD and TXD directly from the pins of the chip and not the 6 pin connector provided.

I know I have the 5v and ground connected correctly as the program that was loaded on the board from the factory is running when I make the connections that I showed in the original post.

Thanks

wade