Happy Day - I got a "new" scope...

Today I managed to find a good condition used Fluke PM3380B 100 MHz scope; its a dual-trace, combination digital/analog scope with an RS232 interface (allows you to control the scope, as well as grab data from it). I might have over-payed a bit for it (got it for $200.00), but it seems to be a very nice scope.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with my Tek 2213; I might sell it, I might keep it - not sure.

BTW - the place where I got the scope (Apache Reclamation here in Phoenix) still has a couple Fluke PM3370 60 MHz scopes (for $200.00 each); they are basically the same as the PM3380 (incl the RS232 interface), just lower bandwidth. I tested one there, and it seems solid - I didn't test the other. Just thought I would pass it on.

A manual can be found @ Fluke's website.

These seem like great scopes...there's a ton of functionality available, and the ability to switch between analog and digital mode (it uses a CRT for display) is pretty nice...

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Does the place you got the scope ship?

Does the place you got the scope ship?

I honestly don't know! To describe the place, imagine a large indoor junkyard (they also have a separate large outdoor junkyard as well), where things come and go, and organization is almost non-existant. Imagine a lot of dust, dirt, and a few cats. Imagine piles of wire to the ceiling.

Even that description doesn't do justice to the reality of the place!

They very well might ship it to you; they typically deal in large quantities of surplus and junk (think semi-loads) - perhaps they would box it up and ship it?

Apache Reclamation & Electronics, Inc.
313 W. Apache Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85003
602-254-0613

They aren't open tomorrow, but will be on Monday. Good luck!

:slight_smile:

Hey cr0sh. Could you share a few pictures?

I might just have to stop by this place some day... It sounds like a bigger version of my house... Even the cats!!!

And I might have to meet you some day, Cr0sh... You sound like a cool guy!

creepy over internet invitation to meet with an older guy is creepy.

Oh, please! I was talking at like an arduino meeting...

Oh, please! I was talking at like an arduino meeting...

That's what you want Chris Hansen to think, but I don't believe it for one second.

dont forget the wine coolers!

^^^^^
I wish... I'm 12...

Hey cr0sh. Could you share a few pictures?

These aren't pics of my scope - but they are pics of a 3380A/B I found on the internet (and rehosted @ imageshack):

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/4136/scope1.jpg
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3236/osc03502ch1y2large.jpg

They're kinda big - so I didn't inline 'em...

There's little difference cosmetically between the A & B versions; the A has a smaller sampling record length (4000 pts vs 8000 on the B; though I imagine the A can be expanded in memory, just like the B can), and half the max single channel sample rate of the B (100 MSa/s vs 200 MSa/s). There might be other differences, but they're all likely to be similar "internal" differences.

dont forget the wine coolers!

Man - all you people need help!

;D

Trust me on this - I'm not. I've been known to make hard-core geek's eyes "glaze over" in discussion; I'm really that boring. My real-world personality isn't anything to remark upon; my online "persona" is much more articulate.

Yet somehow, I'm married to a wonderful gal who understands me, as far as I can ever be understood by someone else.

hehe i new too , gonna be 20 soon

happy birthday anyway

Trust me on this - I'm not. I've been known to make hard-core geek's eyes "glaze over" in discussion; I'm really that boring. My real-world personality isn't anything to remark upon; my online "persona" is much more articulate.

Yet somehow, I'm married to a wonderful gal who understands me, as far as I can ever be understood by someone else.

You and I must be twins separated at birth... It must have been that COCO influence at an early age.

Don't be hard on yourself cr0sh. I can clearly see in your picture that you also have a very fine hat. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi ,
I have Fluke PM3370A , the CRT display do not start up , pleace help with anny info , I want to repair , I nead service manual or schematics or info for repair . Thankyou and "Happy New Year !!!"

Costas

I have Fluke PM3370A , the CRT display do not start up , pleace help with anny info , I want to repair , I nead service manual or schematics or info for repair . Thankyou and "Happy New Year !!!"

costas, I haven't managed to find the service manual for my Fluke PM3380B, despite looking for it. All I've been able to find has been the user and reference manuals. These scopes aren't exactly recent, and I doubt you would have luck getting it repaired outside of perhaps sending it to an authorized Fluke service center (and if you needed the CRT replaced - well, good luck there).

You might look into contacting such a service center first, if you have one nearby (because shipping alone for the size of the scope and packaging isn't going to be small). Maybe you can call and talk with someone who can give you some help, or maybe even sell you a copy of the service manual if all else fails.

It might be a wash, sorry to say; nowadays you can get a good Rigol and a few other DSOs for little money - maybe the universe is trying to tell you something...?

Good luck - and if anyone else knows of a reference manual for these scopes, please post a link to it here!

Hi cr0sh
Thanks for quick response
I make some measurements on the high-voltage block and I think the fault is in the high voltage transformer (high voltage rectifier is good) or with or without him I have a strange noise coming from the transformer, I measured the pulse frequency signal on the High voltage transformer and is not stable , varies between 4.2 and 4.7 kHz (I think this should be at 15kHz) , without high voltage rectifier frequency signal climb to 7-7.5 kHz but it is not stable. now I looking for a transformer (model: TEHNOTION 4022 73 971 369 9839) I don't know if easily find or only from Fluke factory. Do you knows a source of spare parts for Fluke ? I have to repair Fluke 45 and needs analog to digital converter device (error 8) ....
I will tell you the news that appear on this oscilloscope
WBR
Costas

Do you knows a source of spare parts for Fluke ?

First off, know that I don't anything about repairing an oscilloscope; I wouldn't even know where to begin, so you have that up on me with your testing!

:wink:

For parts, you might try getting in contact with this company:

They helped me get a "new" (surplus) implosion shield for my Tek 2213 (it was actually a spare from some East European country); it wasn't very expensive, and they were very responsive with their entire order and service process. I was very impressed with them as a company.

I can't promise you it will work out, but its someplace to start, at least!

Hi.
Finaly I succed to fix this combiscope , I found C1131 - 10nF/3Kv with 5Mohm internal rezistence , and L1131 discontinued , now everithing is fine , osciloscop is working .

WBR
Costas