wifly default state on power up

Hi Guys,

Trying to use a Wifly in my projects. Neat little device I've spent the last few days tinkering with and figuring out. One thing that's driving me nuts is the default state of one of the outputs on start up.

So I'm using GPIO 7 (pin 7) as one of my outputs and GPIO 8 (pin 4) as the other. When I power up the board GPIO 7 is low and GPIO 8 is high. I want them both to be low. The manual states to use "set sys value " where mask is a bitmask of the outputs you'd like to set high. Or set 0x0 for all low. No matter what I do I can't get GPIO 8 (pin 4) low on power up.

To make sure I got the syntax right I set GPIO 7 to high on startup just for testing "set sys value 0x0080", "save", "reboot" and that works. GPIO 8 is now high on power up. "set sys value 0x0000", "save", "reboot" and GPIO 7 is back to low on power up but GPIO 8 continues to be high on power up. Once powered up I can set GPIO 8 low manually with "set sys output 0x0000 0x0100" but powering up high breaks the functionality of my project.

I updated the Wifly to the latest firmware but still no luck. What am I missing? Or is this a bug in the firmware?

Thanks for any pointers
Malcolm

Are you sure its actively being driven low, and isn't just floating there? Are you using pull-up/pull-down resistors?

wizdum:
Are you sure its actively being driven low, and isn't just floating there? Are you using pull-up/pull-down resistors?

I have a 220 ohm resister off of it to an LED to ground which is shinning bright on power up. So pin is definitely high on power up.