Upload arduino HEX file with avr isp mkii?

Hi, i have compiled some sketches with arduino IDE. After bootloader burned into AtMega2560 and 328p how can i upload the hex file with the isp mkii?

I dont want to upload the sketch via arduino IDE with the function "Upload Using Programmer " i want to upload the .hex file after compiled.

Hi,

I use a little utility called Xloader (home page is here:http://russemotto.com/xloader/) and an FTDI breakout.

If you're still using the Arduino IDE to compile your sketch, the 2nd last line of output before the "binary sketch size..." will tell you where the .cpp.hex file is created. Something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-objcopy -O ihex -R .eeprom C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\build18980419724130762.tmp\YourSketchName.cpp.elf C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\build18980419724130762.tmp\YourSketchName.cpp.hex 
Binary sketch size: 29,882 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum)

Copy and paste that path into Xloader, and you're ready to upload.

I find this very handy for sharing a hex file with others working on a project who do not have the IDE loaded too. Make sure they have Xloader, and all I need do is drop the latest hex in dropbox.

HTH
Geoff

Thank you.

But that program is not to use only for upload using USB-Serial? I want to upload with MKii programmer..

I'm pretty sure AVRdude is what you'd need to use, but I'm not proficient in its standalone use but here's a tutorial from Adafruit that seems to cover a fair bit of what you're looking for I think.

All the best, Geoff

Thank you. I will test later today :slight_smile: