Tiny amplifier

I read about the LM4889 at the Modern Device website, so I decided to try to make up my own. Soldered the chip onto a breakout board (not an easy task):

Breadboarded up the rest (need a couple of decoupling caps, a coupling capacitor for the input, and a feedback loop to adjust the volume):

Sounded pretty good out of an old speaker I had lying around. Not particularly loud, but probably fine for headphones.

Could be useful for adding audio output to a project.

pam8403

I ordered a couple of audio amplifiers, the breakout boards run on 5v (I presume the IC's do too, perfect for Arduino Projects), here's the board I got, only a couple of bucks all up, I soldered on the legs and hooked it up, sounds really impressive!

If not for the fact I've since disassembled it, i'd upload a video showing it off (both right and left channels)

infact!

just watch someone elses lol

for the datasheet....

Wimps:

Lefty

Voltage Supply 84V :open_mouth: LM3886

Um, I'd rather not lol

cjdelphi:
Voltage Supply 84V :open_mouth: LM3886

Um, I'd rather not lol

Yea, better leave that to us big boy pants guys. :wink:

Lefty

cjdelphi:
pam8403

I ordered a couple of audio amplifiers, the breakout boards run on 5v (I presume the IC's do too, perfect for Arduino Projects), here's the board I got, only a couple of bucks all up, I soldered on the legs and hooked it up, sounds really impressive!

That looks cool. Not sure about this though:

This item is located overseas where power plugs may differ.

Still, I ordered a couple. I'll sort out the power plugs when it arrives. :stuck_out_tongue:

Shipping charges were reasonable, too. :slight_smile:

retrolefty:
Wimps:

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm3886.pdf

Lefty

What a difference an "8" makes :smiley: ... inexpensive, too.

Back on the other end of the spectrum, these look interesting, if I could manage to solder one...