Arduino 101 with WIFI 101 library

I made a little code to test wifi101 library on the arduino 101 but it doesn't work and I don't know why.

The program works with the uno, so it mush be a 101 specific problem. It is stuck at the "Testing..." line and never gets to the "Done" line.

I haven't connected the wifi101 shield yet, I just wanted to test the library.

I tried older libraries and older cores, different usb ports, different usb cables, wall adapter, wall adapter with barrel jack with no success.

#include <SPI.h>
#include <WiFi101.h>

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  while (!Serial) {
    ;
  }

Serial.println("WiFi101 check.");
  Serial.println();
  Serial.println("Testing...");
  WiFi.status();
  Serial.println("Done");
}

void loop() {
}

Hi ,
I just tested the Arduino101 + WifiShield101 combination and your sketch is working good.
Software versions are 1.0.6 for the 101 core and 0.9.0 for the Wifi101 library.

Are you able to test the shield with another board? This could help us understanding if the shield or the board are defective

facchinm:
Hi ,
I just tested the Arduino101 + WifiShield101 combination and your sketch is working good.
Software versions are 1.0.6 for the 101 core and 0.9.0 for the Wifi101 library.

Are you able to test the shield with another board? This could help us understanding if the shield or the board are defective

I tried with 1.0.6 core and 0.9.0 (and 0.9.1) wifi101 library too and no success.

The shield works alright with the uno, but not with the 101. Even if I don't connect the shield, the script should run fine, but it's stuck at the "Testing..." line on the 101.

I read that people have problem with the wifi101 shield on an under powered 101 but I tried with various wall warts and different usb with no success.

I checked and there is no overheating on the arduino 101, so that's not the problem.

My arduino 101 have worked fine so far. I used an adafruit nfc shield without any problem and all the pins are working great.

What else can I try?