Generic advice screen to new posters?

You might at least force people, who have just joined, to have a "visit to the FAQ page" ticked off on their account before they can post.

And answer a quiz based on the FAQ? :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the quiz... It would have insulted me -- but I find that with all the experience I have I am unable or unwilling to help people based on their first request -- even though I could help. So I think I would understand as a new poster. Grit my teeth and grin about having to answer a quiz.

With many help requests... The problem is that it's simply that a thoughtful well considered answer would eat hours of time... That same answer is usually in the examples posted with the compiler. If it is not there it is in the libraries or playground -- if it is not there it is one of the books available via e-reader... Although people seem insulted by a request to review the demos sometimes it is the only answer...

My first few posts were add-ons to threads trying to help other people. Would your "new poster detector" trap that? If so, how?

BTW -- I think it is a great idea as well.

The web site and forum was a terrific help to me. I am happy to try to return that help.