LCD Custom Characters + LiquidCrystal?

Hallo, das ist mein erster Beitrag hier im Forum und dies möchte ich gleich zum Anlass nehmen um alle Arduinoianer zu Grüßen.

Jetzt aber zu meiner eigentlichen Frage:

Wie bekomme ich mit der LiquidCrystal Library Custom Characters auf einen 16*2 LCD zum laufen. Normaler Text fuunktioniert soweit. Ich habe schon diverse Beiträge hier im Forum gelesen, die mich aber nicht sonderlich weiter gebracht haben.

Ich wäre für jeden Rat sehr dankbar.

LG, Sebastian.

Hello Arduino Community

I'm new to Arduino and also have problems with a LCD- Display
This is the manual of the display:

I tried it first with the LCD4Bit library and after that did not work i tried LiquidCristal library but both did not work.

The pins of the display are set like this:

1-3 Power Supply
4 RS
5 R/W
6 E
7-14 Data
15 and 16: Power Supply LED

In Arduino I connected the pins like that:

2 to RS
3 to E
7-14 to Data Pins of the display

I read that the R/W pin of the display is not important, so I just put it in the gnd pin of Arduino.

Also I edited the file LiquidCristal.cpp in ARDUINO_HOME/\hardware\libraries\LiquidCrystal with settings as forementioned.

Than I loaded the hello world example of the LiquidCristal library from the sketchbook, but the result is, that the display switches on and nothing else.

I hope someone could help me.
thx
michael

here the link to the manual:

Have you connected a potentiometer on pin3 to adjust the contrast?

Hallo und Danke für den Hinweis.

Ich habs jetzt hin bekommen. Ich musste nur R/W auf gnd stellen. Aber der Hinweis mit dem Potentiometer ist trotzdem gut, da der Kontrast extrem schlecht ist und man die Schrift nur von der Seite sieht.

ClaudeMichelle

Hab nun mein problem mit den Custom-Char's auch in den Griff bekommen. Dieses posting hier: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1235524565/3#3 von Kiwix hat die Erlösung gebracht :slight_smile: