I found this by accident

Docedison:
and I thought it might be of interest here

PROTEUS SHIELD
SolderCore SC-TRANS Proteus Shield - Arduino Form-Factor Translator Board can be used to reliably and safely connect 3.3V and 5.0V Arduino form factor development modules. This allows SolderCore to be used with the huge array of existing Arduino shields, without the worry of damaging the shield or the SolderCore. Furthermore, it allows the SolderCore range of shields to be used with 5.0V Arduino processor modules. SolderCore SC-TRANS Proteus Shield - Arduino Form-Factor Translator Board uses a 22-bit bidirectional voltage translator IC to bridge the 3V3/5V gap. The device is predominantly designed for digital signal conversion, however, a basic buffered signal conversion for analog signals is also provided.

Solder core is an $80.00 Arduino like (same form factor) board that uses Basic as it's programming language.
Details Here :Development Boards - Page 1 - Proto-PIC
I really thought the translator more valuable to this community as there is a plenitude of interface questions here that could be directly addressed by this board... 22 bit bi directional level shifter... Gotta be under some kind of software control?

Bob

That is interesting but the datasheet is kind of complex showing all the combinations of open drain, external pullups, push-pull, output styles. Not all modes appear to be bidirectional. It is a $30 board, but at least it may be a path towards solving possible compatiblity problems between Due and older arduino board and old Vs new shield boards for same.

Lefty