Wiring a Z80 to Arduino...

This has been a pretty fun thread to read; I've got a handful of Z80 processors scored from my favorite haunt, Apache Reclamation, here in Phoenix. They've got a back room (full of NOS vaccuum tubes) with these drawers filled with various ICs in tube carriers - I'm sure in one of them is a cache of Z80 processors (found some 6809P once). Heh - in one of the bins there they had a wire-wrap prototyping board - pretty large, lots of area on the top-side, tons of gold plated pins sticking out from the bottom. I wanted to buy it, but they wanted something close to $100.00 for it - well beyond what I was willing to pay (interestingly, years ago they sold me an Altair for about the same amount).

What I don't understand from the OP - is why did he remove the Z80 from the Amstrad CPC? That was his Z80 computer right there; he would've been better off fixing/restoring that machine (its not like they're making more - and these old PCs and such are only climbing in value as the years go by - I was perusing Apple IIe hardware the other day, and saw that while the prices for a system weren't high - they weren't that low, either; still - cheap compared to an Altair system, which is why I consider myself lucky to own one - albeit in non-working condition right now).

I'm sure somewhere on the internet is an Amstrad club or users group of some sort...maybe.

:slight_smile: