Temperature control/data logging with excel

syphex:
Thanks for the help! I already know each integer takes 2 bytes. Thats 6 bytes for the ints and 2 bytes for the commas, 8 bytes.

The EEPROM is 1024 bytes right? So 1024/8=128 value sets. I dont understand how you get 341, thats 1024/341=3.002 bytes?

My maths was based on your values never being negative, and also never being more than 127...ie one byte each, or 3 bytes the set - 1024 / 3 = 341.
If you use integers, it's 1024/6 not 1024/8...and you get half that or 170. In my suggestion you'd not be saving the commas to the array, or EEPROM.

syphex:
And I thought the SRAM because yes it has more space and you have to declare the size of an array at initialization anyway, so I can just see how much memory my sketch takes (slightly more than half) and then assign some (not all) of whats left for my array? Or would that slow down the processing or something?

What you're saying sounds reasonable, but it's not nearly as easy as that. As your program runs there are some things like your global variables, including this array if it's declared at global scope, that remain in RAM however each time a function is called those variables in the scope of the function are created, then the memory deallocated after the function exits. You also have RAM used by the execution of the code itself which is difficult to estimate. The image size of the compiled code is not how much space it takes when running, but how much space it takes when stored on the FLASH RAM of the microcontroller.

syphex:
edit: Is the playground link for writing the data bytewise? So thats how you can store the integer values without a comma? Does that mean its being written like this?

28 23 55 27 22 54 ? for two 3 int entries? Only in bytes?

Yes, and that's just how the array would store it too. No comma delimiters are needed for the machine to read its own RAM.

Hope that helps,
Geoff