Go Down

Topic: Help with Stepper Motor and Data project (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

remiserogilmour

Hi! This is mas first post in the forum and I'm introducing myself in the Arduino world.
My english is not so good, I'm trying to do the best to explain all.

I have to make a Project for the University with Stepper Motors and a data table.
To sum up, I establish a serie of data that can move a Stepper Motor.
The date are 0 and 1 digitals per second, so when I have a 1 the motor moves and when I have a 0 the motor doesn`t move.
For example, on second 1 there is a 1 so the motor will move, on second 2 there is a 1 too so it will move again. On second 3 there is a 0 so the motor will not move, on second 4 there is a 1 so the motor will move again, on second 5 there is a 0 so the motor will do nothing again... Thats for around 18 minutes.

If anyone can guide me It would be great because I don´t have the knowledge yet.

Thanks!

Nico

Delta_G

Nov 03, 2017, 11:58 pm Last Edit: Nov 03, 2017, 11:58 pm by Delta_G
Start with some basic examples and learn how the Arduino works.  Maybe go through a basic tutorial on C++ and learn how the language works a little.  Go study up on the reference on this site about stepper motors.  Use google to find more examples of people using stepper motors and study those.  Once you do a little bit of your own research, you should be able to come back and ask a more specific question.  Right now you seem to want someone to write a custom tutorial to walk you from zero to hero on your project.  That's probably not going to happen. 
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

remiserogilmour

I didn´t expect that at all. If I want somebody does my work, I can pay and I'll get it.
If I'm asking for some help here it's because I thought (and I'm still doing it) someone with more knowledge could help me. But thanks for your advice too  :D

slipstick

So what is it you want help with? Moving a stepper motor one step is easy and not moving it is even easier. Telling if a boolean value is 1 or 0 is very very easy as is waiting a second before you look at the next one. There is maybe a question of how you plan to "establish a serie of data" but if it is just built in to the program then that's also easy.

Have you made any attempt to start on this? Decided on motors/motor drivers? Decided what Arduino you're using? Written any code to test parts of the system like moving the motor?

Steve

Delta_G

I didn´t expect that at all. If I want somebody does my work, I can pay and I'll get it.
If I'm asking for some help here it's because I thought (and I'm still doing it) someone with more knowledge could help me. But thanks for your advice too  :D
The problem is that you're asking for help before you even get started.  Most of what you need to get going you don't need our help with.  You just need to realize that you are capable of searching and reading web pages on your own.  Your original post here makes it sound like you are starting from nothing.  Ive pointed you towards resources that will get you started.  Google knows more.  Go get a little knowledge and come back with a question that doesn't require me to start with explaining the basics of how a stepper motor works.
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

PaulS

Go get a little knowledge and come back with a question that doesn't require me to start with explaining the basics of how a stepper motor works.
That is a really good point, because steppers don't "run". They step. Once, each time you tell them to.

Until you UNDERSTAND that, you'll never get a stepper to "run".
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Go Up