Arduino DUE does not run sketch on power-up

The initial euphoria of unboxing my Arduino DUE, downloading the IDE, compiling and uploading the blinking LED sketch in less than 30 minutes is all but gone. I find, like so many before me, that the Arduino DUE does not reliably power-up and run its sketch. Upload, reset button or short power outage and it works like a dream but not for a power outage of several minutes where I need to manually hit the reset button or quickly cycle the power so that my sketch starts running.

I find it disappointing that this issue seems to have been around for over a year and yet I cannot find a published solution. If somebody knows a solution then can they please let me know as there are several others reporting this same problem without any resolution. It does not matter how powered (i.e., DC socket, Vin pin, native or programming USB port).

I read that the DUE makes use of the SAM3X bootloader called SAM-BA that is permanently burned in the chip ROM straight out of factory (unlikely to find an issue here). I am about to investigate the following:

1. Could the ATMEGA16U2 (USB programming port micro) be keeping the MASTER_RESET line low?
  2. Is the SAM3X coming out of reset and the sketch getting hung up somewhere in the kernel?
  3. Could the kernel have inappropriate brownout or supply monitor reset configuration?
  4. Other? (suggestions please, and I will spend some time to investigate).

I have tried another computer, cable, power source and DUE board to no avail. I conclude that the issue is with the DUE design.

I also find DUE behaviour strange that digital outputs go high during power-up. Downloading a Nokia 5110 sketch become frustrating only having to work out after several hours that I had to add a line to set the LCD_SCLK low. Obviously this issue doesn't happen with other Arduino board family members. I intend to resolve this by tweaking the core accordingly. I will publish the solution once resolved.

Where has the promised benefits of open source software and hardware gone?

Seeing the same thing with mine. Where did you buy it?

I need to eat my words somewhat.
I tried a different plug pack and the sketch now starts on power up. I assume something was wrong with my previous 9V DC plug pack centre positive. It seemed okay on DVM.
I acknowledge that using native or programming USB connector for power can keep DUE in reset if SAM-BA receives characters. Serial monitor or reset button will get sketch running because both reset the ARM (i.e., NRSTB pin goes low). I was surprised that I had issues when using a USB phone charger for a power source. Perhaps it has a chip in it that sends data as I doubt pure noise would get past the ATMEGA16U2.
Now that this is sorted, I can focus on my project which won't be powered via USB port anyway. I love the ability to upload without any intervention so I am happy with status quo.

This thread has a patch that might work to fix the problem. Due appears as COM6 port but gives error "No device found on COM6" on upload - Arduino Due - Arduino Forum Haven't tried it yet though, I suspect from the answers (rather dodgy) from the original design team it may be a clone problem, maybe instituted on purpose by the designers? Or perhaps the china people bought bad chips (firmware maybe) that were betas or what have you?