Automated Reptile Control System(webserver, Data Logging, RTC and much more)

ODwyerPW:
Wallaceb,
That is a very nice project. One of the absolute best I have ever seen! True genius.
Peter

thanks very much for the complement 8)

mkcinek:
it looks great!!!

however after uploading the code I can not get into it- DHCP on my router does not seem to see it.

What would be the way to set the static ip in the code ?

thanks!

:fearful: oops.. i forgot to post the code i used to "program" the EEPROM for all the "default" settings. when i get home later tonight i will post that code :grin:

iouzzr:
106K flash is really large :P, use microSD instead!

with 256 k of available memory i was not going to worry about it. i originally thought to use the SD card, but decided that PROGMEM coding would be easier to code and control and faster with respect to I/O since the processor would not have to read a byte from SD card, store it locally, then send it to the Ethernet shield.

robtillaart:
Looks very well done (+1),

(nitpicking - Automated Reptile Environment Control System - makes a better acronym arecs that's an anagram of scare :wink:

thanks for pointing that out. i made the upadtes to the code. have not gotten to changing the pictures in the post though

edit: added a link to the initialization sketch.

download this to the arduino, it will configure all the EEPROM.
download the normal code to the arduino and the web-page default URL is static at 192.168.1.200
you can then configure all the settings to your likings.

edit:

i am adding more stuff to my code from here:

to make the downloading of log files MUCH faster. i will post the new code soon