Need Help With Arduino :-|

gazz:
Now, i may be stressing my arduino by doing this, i believe the max current that should be drawn from any 1 pin is 20Ma.... and i have just realised i am running about 10 white led's off one pin for the instrument backlights.. oops,

Max on a pin is 40 mA but 20 mA is recommended as most.
Max total you should pull from an UNO is 200 mA.

Feed a transistor to power the backlights. Each should have its own resistor. For higher power there are Darlington's (ULN 2803 has 8 in one chip I believe, can run 500 mA 30V) and FET's (FET's are -very- static sensitive).

Just as an update...

just to tell everyone. I have fitted all the led's to the dash, and all the switches that run to the game controller. My next think'a'bout is the speedometer! :astonished: I have got one ready to be picked up. Just..... I dont know how to wire it up???????? Please can someone help. Preferably gazz as he knows this kind of thing!.

Steve

Sorry if you have already explained this but what voltage do pins 8 to 13 give out

They're 0v or 5v....

The ones with the ~ are PWM pins so they give a pseudo-voltage between 0 and 5v, but they're really switching on-off-on very quickly between 0 and 5v. The "voltage" delivered is scaled between 0 and 5 with a value set for the pin between 0 (0% on = 0v) and 255 (100% on = 5v).

Thankyou for your help with the voltage:) i just have to wire the speedo/tacho head now.... :fearful:

Hi mates!

I'm trying to build this project, which is magnificent! :slight_smile:
I would like to ask you if it is possible, instead of an analogue gauge, to have a series of led showing the RPM...

Thank you in advance!

Is this the kind of thing you mean?

Not exactly... but it touches the general idea. It needs a lot of customisation in order to can be adapted on the OMSI dashboard script.. I'll have a try although...

Some years ago I made a hallmeter for my car. This is the sketch.

Can I use it as "LED - gauge"?

What signal voltage range does it work with ?

The signal is from 0.1V to 1.5(~2)V

I wonder what would happen if you fed it with a PWM signal with a value between 0 and about 75 ? The actual voltage swing would still be 0 to 5V of course but depending on how fast the circuit reacts it may still work.

void Read_Rpm(const unsigned int value)
{
tone(9, map(value,0,5700,55,423));
}

This is the code I should customize... but how?

void Read_Rpm(const unsigned int value)
{
  tone(9, map(value,0,5700,55,423));
}

What is there about that code that reads RPM?

Can't be bothered posting code correctly, but you still want us to help you change it? I'll pass.

JimboZA:
Is this the kind of thing you mean?

Yes, it is finally!!! :slight_smile: I change the input potensiometer with Read_Rpm and it's ok! Thank you very much!

Hi everyone, I haven't posted on my topic for a while.
Updates...

Currently i am working on the 'looks' of the dash and improving it.
Soon you will see the progress I have made with the led's and gauges.
I have received my Speedo/Tacho Head and have just got to get around to fitting it.
When I get some time I will post some pictures so you can see how everything has moved on.
Good luck to Adam164 with your project and I cant wait to see some pictures, Sorry If I haven't been reading but what game/simulator is your project for?

Steve

Here is my latest update:

It's the same project for OMSI, like Gazz. The difference is that because I don't have the tachometer, I thought about showing the RPM (or velocity) with LEDs. I am gonna upload video as soon as possible.

Congratulations for your project!

oK, I hope to see a video of your project soon, As of mine, I just have the buttons left to do on mine!

Hey, i gotta say first that i bought my first arduino uno board like a week ago and i have no idea what i am doing.
Now when thats out of the way, i got a hold on some working tachometar 1314.
Spent some cash and got arduino uno board, connected it all to omsi 1.
I had to change some values for velocity and play with it till i was happy.
Right now its like this

// Gauges

void Read_Velocity(const unsigned int value)
{
tone(10, map(value,0,1250,31,521));
}

Now, anything below 31 makes the needle go crazy before stabilizing, so i am forced to go with 31.

If i change 31 for something like "-1" or anything negative, in that case my needle goes to zero while bus is standing still but every new start of the bus makes needle go crazy 1st then stabilizes.

Gazz's D92 Dashboard is showing value 0 for "Velocity", but my tachometar doesnt go to zero.
needle stays at about 1-3km/h and it can go up and down a bit, just never hits zero (unless i use negative value but then every start look a mess) and stays there when bus is still.

Is there a way to make my tachometar hit zero while bus is standing while keeping it smooth?

Thanks