Calling all tech savvies for Paid freelancing gig (long term)

Well, possibly. As for recent physical computing work, several of my Arduino projects have been featured on Make! magazine's website- but here's a couple of examples of afternoon projects of mine:

A wall plotter made from a handful of parts, a pair of salvaged stepper motors, and an Arduino:

Here's an Arduino operating as a lightpen with NTSC video, to a 50" plasma TV. Two resistors, and a phototransistor. That's it.

Here's an Arduino running as a realtime audio spectrum analyzer- and generates NTSC display in realtime:

I've consulted at DEC, Harvard University's Office of Information Technology, and been an Enterprise Systems developer and Principal Systems Engineer in a mixed OS, multi-firewalled, global infrastructure of over five thousand servers under management to "four nines" availability for all mission-critical applications in one of the largest financial institutions in the world. My specialty has always been "firefighting", structure coding and making decisions on the fly and leaving the pretty buttons to the interns.

The issue is that I am actually unable to work.. a nasty, incurable degenerative illness called Crohns, with several complications.

However, this venue may very well attract the kind of people you are looking for... but I may not be a good fit to contract out to a customer, as my illness makes me unreliable at best.

If your interest is in remote, project based, limited scope consulting, I may be interested.. I have more than enough imagination to look for unique solutions- and that's what is hard to find. Competent engineers are not hard to find. People who visualize solutions are.