Go Down

Topic: ESP8266 SSID/PWD too long (Read 991 times) previous topic - next topic

Joegi

Hi,
I have an ESP8266 connected to an ARDUINO DUE. The problem is, that when I try to connect to my access point via the example program "MultiSerialMega" uploaded to the DUE and with the following command send via the serial monitor

AT+CWJAP="Was ist gruen u. stinkt n. Fisch","1111111111111111"

I get an "error" as reply. When I shorten the access point's SSID to "Was ist gruen" then the ESP8266 connects. So seems to be a problem with the length (it is more than 64 bytes) of the string. I came to the conclusion that the buffer size of the serial buffer of 64 bytes could be the prolem, so I changed

#define SERIAL_BUFFER_SIZE 64

to

#define SERIAL_BUFFER_SIZE 256

in "RingBuffer.h", restarted the IDE and uploaded "MultiSerialMega" again, but I still get an error when using "AT+CWJAP="Was ist gruen u. stinkt n. Fisch","1111111111111111"".
As I have connected several devices to my access point, it would be nice if I would not have to change the SSID of it! Thanks for the answers in advance!

Joegi

Jan 29, 2015, 11:16 pm Last Edit: Jan 30, 2015, 12:02 am by Joegi
...it seems that the problem is not the serial buffer as
Code: [Select]

Serial1.print("AT+CWJAP=\"Was ist gruen u. stinkt n. Fisch\"");
Serial1.flush();
Serial1.println(",\"1111111111111111\"");

doesn't work either!

Joegi

It seems that the ESP8266 only accepts SSIDs with a max. length of 31 bytes, but mine is 32 bytes long!

SurferTim

A Google search turned up this answer.
According to the documentation of the standard, the length of an SSID should be a maximum of 32 characters (32 octets, normally ASCII letters and digits, though the standard itself doesn't exclude values). Some access point/router firmware versions use null-terminated strings and accept only 31 characters.

Joegi

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy