Math.h

Hi,
I need the <Math.h> library for a project I'm working on. However, I can only find the ".h" part of the library and not the ".cpp"
I found this here: avr-libc: math.h File Reference
Does anyone know where I can find the full library? Thank you.

Seriously? That link is literally three clicks away from the source code.

Why do you need the source code? A ready-to-link library of everything in math.h is included with the Arduino IDE and the IDE automatically includes that library when it builds your sketch.

A learning experience I would think! I quite often look into system and, or, API header files. And I recommend others do as well.

I'm sorry if this question seems dumb but when I got to Sketch and Import, I can't find "Math" in there. Also, If I manually add "#include <math.h>" the math part doesn't turn yellow like in other includes. I hope I can show this in the pictures.

EDIT: The same thing happens even if the math.h is capitalized.

Screen Shot 2012-02-01 at 1.20.18 AM.png

jamilm9:
I'm sorry if this question seems dumb but when I got to Sketch and Import, I can't find "Math" in there. Also, If I manually add "#include <math.h>" the math part doesn't turn yellow like in other includes. I hope I can show this in the pictures.

EDIT: The same thing happens even if the math.h is capitalized.

That's not a question. Is the fact that your source code doesn't change colors problematic?

The include menu only looks for files in the two "library" sections. It doesn't look in the system wide default locations like /usr/include and /usr/avr/include. Essentially the same for the color changing.

Ok so I guess my code isn't working because the code is flawed and not because there is no math library. Thank You.

Rather than just guessing, why not tell us what you are trying to do, then we can try and help. As has already been stated, math.h is automatically linked in by the IDE, when needed. What function from math.h are you trying to use?

Ok.
Basically, I'm am trying to get the initial heading in degrees between my current location (from a gps module) and a preset location. I found the formula to do this here http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html

The formula is, ? = atan2( sin(?long).cos(lat2),
cos(lat1).sin(lat2) ? sin(lat1).cos(lat2).cos(?long)

My code is

#include <Math.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <NewSoftSerial.h>
#include <TinyGPS.h>

#define RXPIN 0 //   GPS TX pin connects to Arduino D0
#define TXPIN 1 // GPS RX pin connects to Arduino D1.
#define GPSBAUD 4800 // baud rate of the EM-406 GPS module.

void getgps(TinyGPS &gps)
{
  // Define the variables that will be used
  float latitude, longitude;
  // Then call this function
  gps.f_get_position(&latitude, &longitude);
float fc = gps.f_course();

float dLat = 46.265215;
float dLong = -79.294081;

int long1 = longitude;
int lat1 = latitude;

int Heading = atan2(sin(dLong-long1).cos(dLat),
cos(lat1).sin(dLat),sin(lat1).cos(dLat).cos(dLong-long1) )

I don't have my gps module yet (being shipped from sparkfun) so I won't be able to test anything.
Thank You for your help.

Dot is not the C code for multiply, it is star.

Don't use int data types with transdental functions use float.

Also the sin and cos functions work in radians, not degrees (and atan2 returns its result in radians).

To convert from radians to degrees, divide by 180.0 and multiply by PI

I got the code to compile thanks to your help. I actually had to remove the "Math.h" include to make it compile. Thank you.

#include <Wire.h>
#include <NewSoftSerial.h>
#include <TinyGPS.h>

#define RXPIN 0 //   GPS TX pin connects to Arduino D0
#define TXPIN 1 // GPS RX pin connects to Arduino D1.
#define GPSBAUD 4800 // baud rate of the EM-406 GPS module.

TinyGPS gps;
NewSoftSerial uart_gps(RXPIN, TXPIN);
void getgps(TinyGPS &gps);

void getgps(TinyGPS &gps)
{
  // Define the variables that will be used
  float latitude, longitude;
  // Then call this function
  gps.f_get_position(&latitude, &longitude);
float fc = gps.f_course();

float dLat = 46.265215;
float dLong = -79.294081;

float long1 = longitude*180/3.14159265358;
float lat1 = latitude*180/3.14159265358;

float drLat = 46.265215*180/3.14159265358;
float drLong = -79.294081*180/3.14159265358;

float Heading = atan2(sin(drLong-long1)*cos(drLat),
cos(lat1)*sin(drLat)-sin(lat1)*cos(drLat)*cos(drLong-long1) )/180*3.14159265358;