Easier way to convert float to char array

Hi guys, this time I actually worked my way around the problem, but I was wondering if you could share some ideas about how to improve the following code. I'm reading an array of chars from an eeprom, I later transform this array via atof() and do some mathematical operations and the last thing to do is write back to the memory the new floating number in the form of an array of chars (lucky me that I only have 4 significant figures i.e.: 71.53).

Just wondering if "I discovered the wheel" (Spanish expression meaning that this was done before) and that It was much easier that I thought. If so, could you point me in that direction. If not, then this is my workaround.

PS: I'm trying to reduce the basic sketch size as much as possible.

//Number 71.53 to convert to FArray{ 7, 1, ., 5, 3}
float F = 71.53;
char FArray[6];

//Temporal Variables that hold figures (i.e.: F10 = tens, F1 = ones)
int Fint, F10, F1, F01, F001;

//Temporal variable that holds Modulo
int Mod1, Mod01;

void setup(){
	Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop(){
	floatToArray();
        delay(20000);
}

void floatToArray(){
	Serial.println(F);  //Float to convert
        F = F * 100;
        Fint = (int)F;
        Mod1 = Fint % 1000;
        F10 = (Fint - Mod1)/1000;
	Serial.println(F10); // Tens
        F1 = (Fint - (F10*1000));
        Mod01 = F1 % 100;
        F1 = (F1 - Mod01)/100;
        Serial.println(F1); // Ones
        Serial.println('.'); // just printing the dot
        F01 = (Mod01 - (Mod01%10))/10;
        Serial.println(F01); // 1st decimal figure
        F001 = (Mod01 - (F01*10));
        Serial.println(F001); //2nd decimal figure
	FArray[0] = F10+48; //converting number to ascii
	FArray[1] = F1+48; //converting number to ascii
	FArray[2] = '.';	
	FArray[3] = F01+48; //converting number to ascii
	FArray[4] = F001+48; //converting number to ascii
	Serial.println(FArray);
}

tavovalencia:
Hi guys, this time I actually worked my way around the problem,

What's wrong with "printf("%f", value)"?

There is nothing wrong with it, I'm printing the line to confirm that my code is right.
The main goal is to save the float as an array of chars i.e.: float number 71.53 to Array[]={'7','1','.','5','3'}

I'm curious why you want to convert 5 bytes of EEPROM data to a 4 byte float value and back. Far simpler to just save the 4 bytes into, and read the 4 bytes from, the EEPROM.

The Arduino is used to interface motors and SmartCards EEPROM (reads and re-writes exactly those 5 bytes). Each Card will have a Time Balance (rechargeable at the end of each month). Each User that owns a SC is allowed some "xx.xx" time (mm.ss) of the interface with the motors each month. Hence, I read from the Cards the "Time Balance", then if time is available Arduino will allow the user to interface with the motors and subtract the "time of usage" to the Balance and (Re-Write the Time Balance on the Card).

Few considerations:
A user can accumulate Time Balance for the next month.
There will be more than 1 Arduino/Motor devices (so each SC should be able to interact with any one device).