sends dueminlove high when clicking on tools 0021

Sometimes when I click on the 'tool' menu, my arduino will send all of the digital and analog pins high. I do not know why it does this, but if I forgot to unplug some of my components, it will fry them because they are designed to pulse through hexfets 10-50ms @ 2Amps, not stay on for 3-5 seconds at 2Amps!

I use windows 7, aruino pro and ardunio dueminlove USB. This has happened in all prior builds as well.

Sometimes when I click on the 'tool' menu, my arduino will send all of the digital and analog pins high. I do not know why it does this, but if I forgot to unplug some of my components, it will fry them because they are designed to pulse through hexfets 10-50ms @ 2Amps, not stay on for 3-5 seconds at 2Amps!

Possibly you are resetting the Arduino via the auto-reset feature of the Arduino IDE? If that is it, then all your pins go to input mode, floating. A possible solution for your mosfets turning on in that condition is to wire a pull down resistor between the gates and source terminals. say 10k ohm.

Lefty

Sometimes when I click on the 'tool' menu, my arduino will send all of the digital and analog pins high. I do not know why it does this

Sounds like when the IDE scans for available serial ports, the Auto-Reset goes active. Follow retro's advice.

The scan routine is very dumb in the original RXTX library. It just tries to open each port. Possible solutions:

1. Go to the FTDI options (Start / Printer and devices) and disable the "port enumeration" (or something similar) and try again

2. Try with a rxtx library mod: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1237179908