Go Down

Topic: Creating a low-cost pin-compatible Arduino/Due board using an STM32L471 (Read 2518 times) previous topic - next topic

lkcl

ok so what the heck, let's go for it: sent the board off to the factory, QTY 10 PCBs - i'll do the assembly myself.  have heat-gun, have soldering iron, it's mostly 0805 components, i've done QFP-100s before.  should hear back from the factory late next week.

lkcl

ok!  so the boards arrived at the factory, we're just waiting for the components: the vendors are a bit slow as there's not much profit in this for them, so my friend mike put it on the back of a larger order.  should be here by the end of the week and i can start assembly.  woo!

westfw

lkcl

so i outlined the full news here:

http://www.stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2630&p=35904#p35904

basically... the STM32L471VCT6 isn't available through the Shenzhen eco-system. if anyone wants to try this out i have 10 PCBs available: all the parts are available on digikey.

lkcl

ok update: by accident it looks like i've designed a board that could take an STM32F103VCT6 (with some minor power-modifications) or an F427 with no modifications at all.  it's therefore "rescuable" so i'll try a range of different processors, see how it goes.

Go Up