Go Down

Topic: [solved] arduino micro auto-reset fort update (Read 179 times) previous topic - next topic

falaroce

Oct 10, 2017, 09:42 am Last Edit: Oct 12, 2017, 05:15 pm by falaroce
Hello,

I made a custom board with an atmega32u4, and burnt the arduino micro bootloader in it
When I want to upload some code, I need to manualy reset the board in order to achieve update
How can I have it working without manual reseting? the board won't be accessible once in the final product

Thanks

falaroce

Found out
For the records:
The atmega32u4 default boot address is 0x0000. The defaults fuses setings make it boot to bootloader only if a hardware reset is detected
For booting into the bootloader after a software reset (e.g the opening and the closing of a serial connection at 1200 baud rate done by avrdude), I programmed the fuse bit BOOTRST and changed the bootloader to stop checking what caused the reset.
Maybe only the BOOTRST programming was necessary, but now i'm sure I will go into bootloader everytime I reset the board ( including power on reset )

Hope it will help someone one day

sterretje

Thanks, can be useful.

I'm using Leonardo and I find it one of the beauties that a power cycle immediately runs the 'user' code and not the boot loader (no waiting).
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up