Connecting a Arduino Mini R4 to an MiniUSB

Hello!
I have a question, has anyone made use of the Mini R4 and connected the MiniUSB to it? Originally I was able to connect the two together and then upload to it the blink example from the series of sketches that come with the IDE. But now I need to load something completely new to the unit.

The description of doing so shown here, http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoMini describes the R5 version, it did once show the R4 and accompanying instructions. Ideally both should be shown on that page.

I happen to have the R4 here, and need those instructions.

Wow, that MiniUSB does have "character".

Okay, hook up the MiniUSB to the Arduino Mini GND, 5V, RX, and TX pin for pin (yes, TX -> TX, RX -> RX...). For the auto-reset, you are going to need a 0.1uF ceramic capacitor going from the RTS on the MiniUSB to the R (Reset) on either side of the Arduino Mini. If you do not have a 0.1uF on hand, you will have to manually reset when you upload the sketch and the "Binary Sketch Size" appears in the info window, press the reset button.

spcomputing:
Wow, that MiniUSB does have "character".

Okay, hook up the MiniUSB to the Arduino Mini GND, 5V, RX, and TX pin for pin (yes, TX -> TX, RX -> RX...). For the auto-reset, you are going to need a 0.1uF ceramic capacitor going from the RTS on the MiniUSB to the R (Reset) on either side of the Arduino Mini. If you do not have a 0.1uF on hand, you will have to manually reset when you upload the sketch and the "Binary Sketch Size" appears in the info window, press the reset button.

Hello!
It does indeed. Thank you for your fast response. I'll need to track down a supply of those things. (The R5 has its reset button on top, the R4 does not.) So that's what I need to do. I originally thought the cap I chose from my collection was the right size, but apparently not.

Ah, I see. I always thought I had a R4, but R5 it be...

Also, a note on the Reset pin on the MiniUSB (as I do not have one, but many other USB2TTL variants), I am referring to other users of the MiniUSB for the RTS use as a reset signal. My other USB2TTL (FTDI232RL) breakout boards use DTR for the reset signal. I am unsure considering the "character" of sending Transmissions to Transmissions and Receives to Receives, but it will probably end up being DTR.

Anyhow, we shall see.