[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

Can you replace the shortcut CTRL+ALT+M (upload and then open the serial monitor) with something else?
because it prints the greek letter µ .

Sure, what do you suggest?

Also you can reverse the behavior in preferences.txt:

In general I don't like pressing three keys at once, even if ctrl+alt = altgr, it is easier to use something like ctrl+?

In this case I would like to use CTRL + M

And in your picture it is show "open serial monitor" can be set to true/false, but this is only the action (upload OR upload+monitor) for the arrow next to "verify". I am refering to the keyboard shortcut.

karlok:
In general I don't like pressing three keys at once, even if ctrl+alt = altgr, it is easier to use something like ctrl+?

In this case I would like to use CTRL + M

And in your picture it is show "open serial monitor" can be set to true/false, but this is only the action (upload OR upload+monitor) for the arrow next to "verify". I am refering to the keyboard shortcut.

OK, now it is Ctrl+i

Update 2013-02-02

• 1.0.3 20130202: Tweaks for Windows 8 in the driver installer. Key shortcut to upload and open the serial monitor is now Ctrl+i to avoid issues with some locates. Returns the maximum items that fit in the current screen for the menu scroller now uses Paul Stoffregen code.

I really appreciate your fast reaction
However, excuse me,I have to bother you again, the shortcut CTRL+I prints a tabulator!
Could you add this in the configuration file, something like
openserialmonitorshortcut=M (that means CTRL+M)
openserialmonitorshortcut=I (that means CTRL+I)
So everyone with different location-specific settings can define his own shortcut.

mmm... are you sure there isn't some kind of extension on your keyboard? ctrl+i makes sense to me because it is near ctrl+u so I guess the other combination that makes sense is ctrl+alt+u.

Are you sure it creates the tabulator in arduino itself? because I think the ide should trap the ctrl+i before the tabulator.

The shortcut CTRL+I prints a tabulator in Notepad, too.

And I prefer using CTRL+some key instead of pressing three keys and what about letting the user change the setting in the configuration file?

karlok:
The shortcut CTRL+I prints a tabulator in Notepad, too.

And I prefer using CTRL+some key instead of pressing three keys and what about letting the user change the setting in the configuration file?

Oh, you are correct! I checked the ctrl+i quickly, but if you select the text it adds the tab. What about Ctrl+Y ?
I can add the setting (as a last resource) but for the moment I prefer to keep this simple.

I still prefer Ctrl+M :wink:
Ctrl and Y is very near each other (german keyboard, QWERTZ) so I would need to use the right ctrl-key. It is ok, though

karlok:
I still prefer Ctrl+M :wink:
Ctrl and Y is very near each other (german keyboard, QWERTZ) so I would need to use the right ctrl-key. It is ok, though

OK you win! haha I tough ctrl+m was already assigned but it is not. So ctrl+m will be the final.

Thank you very much
looking forward to downloading the new version

karlok:
Thank you very much
looking forward to downloading the new version

It is available right now to download. I hope does not makes conflict now with someone in Andorra because ctrl+M adds some andorrian symbol hahah :smiley:

Works like a charm!
Thank you very much :wink:

For all these TI loves :stuck_out_tongue: I modded the Energia IDE with the same fixes/improvements:

All this afternoon I fighted with some stuff in the TI toolkit (similar problem with the official ide when I updated winavr and I noticed how to fix the Arduino version so PATH will be no required now :smiley: in some future version, this means 0 dependencies or system modifications now)

Nice!

eried:
If you need that bug, you can replace the rxtxSerial.dll file with the one from the official IDE package

Just to voice another vote for keeping a way to reset the board by a IDE switch.

In my case I do remote development (sitting in my warm room with the arduino some miles away I a cold garage) and I love the reset feature.

It would be nice to be able to load a hex file using the Arduino IDE and UNO as ISP. I have read in another thread that a person should just use AVR Dude but, it would make my life easier to do it with the IDE.

In my thoughts the menu would be like this:

1. load Uno with ISP sketch
  2. select load hex with UNO
  3. open hex file
  4. select upload hex to target board

Any thoughts?

hole:

eried:
If you need that bug, you can replace the rxtxSerial.dll file with the one from the official IDE package

Just to voice another vote for keeping a way to reset the board by a IDE switch.

In my case I do remote development (sitting in my warm room with the arduino some miles away I a cold garage) and I love the reset feature.

Reset board when serial monitor opens? or via another way? what do you think? will be a setting in preferences.txt enought?

cyclegadget:
It would be nice to be able to load a hex file using the Arduino IDE and UNO as ISP. I have read in another thread that a person should just use AVR Dude but, it would make my life easier to do it with the IDE.

3. open hex file

Any thoughts?

How the step 3 fits with the ide? where that option should be invoked in your idea?

eried:
Reset board when serial monitor opens? or via another way? what do you think? will be a setting in preferences.txt enought?

A "Reset" Button placed on the Serial Monitor window would be far more elegant.

Quote from: cyclegadget on February 13, 2013, 08:26:24 PM

3. open hex file

Any thoughts?

How the step 3 fits with the ide? where that option should be invoked in your idea?

Eried thanks for your response.

Perhaps 3) should say select the hex file to upload.

At the moment for a person to upload a hex file, they have to use an ISP and AVRDude. Then, the user needs to type command prompts for the process to work properly. I find it to be a confusing process...although I may need to learn how it is doing anyway.

I think it would be great if the IDE made the process easier for the user similarly, to uploading sketches using ISP.

Thank you for all your efforts! Your AER IDE is my absolute favorite!