[1-wire DS18b20] How to restart the 1. wire BUS after DEVICE DISCONNNECTED

Thanks for the reply,

i did change the src code accordingly and the returned value is -127. Anyhow, values below 1 degrees are very unlikely, the sensors are mounted on my heat pipes. Thats why I reduced the range of returned values.

As you can see, i already added some additional delays for reading the sensors -> delay(75);
Dont know if it helps, the error occurs ~ every 3-4 days. Anny comments on improved robusteness by adding delays?
I really dont care about some delay since water temperature control is a slow process any how.

My gut feeling is that there is rather a long wires, 220 V xtalk, cats in the basement issue then a SW issue.

I was also thinking about a full reset of the arduino when facing the 1-wire error but there are some risks when using the WDT of the ATMega as far as i understood. To be honest, a full reset feels like cracking a nut with a sledgehamme.

-> I am still looking for a "soft" reset of the 1 wire bus if communication fails. The reset method of the 1-wire library does not solve the issue.

Anyone else facing similar prolems? Reading temperature values of DS18b20s fails after some time and only -127 values are received.

br,
meis