Arduino Uno + OBD2(ELM327) to read my car's performance !

Hi
I would like someone to inform me if it is possible to connect a OBD2 to usb cable
(which includes ELM327), to my arduino uno and how to !

I forgot to say that this is one Cable I had in my mind :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/V1-5-ELM327-OBD2-OBDII-CAN-BUS-Auto-Diagnostic-USB-Interface-Code-Scanner-Reader-/160874407940?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2574dca804&vxp=mtr

However if it is not good I would like to be informed about the one that works !

Any help ?

You have a link to that device that actual has some details? There is nothing useful in a damned ebay ad.

PaulS thank you for your response. What do you need to know (for this cable) in order to connect it with arduino ?
Basically I have not bought yet any cable but I am doing a research about how to connect arduino to car via a OBD2 cable or any other way. I want to connect arduino with my cars OBD2 and with a LCD in order to see what my car consumes and the rest things OBD2 shows.
Do you have any suggest ?

Do you have any suggest ?

Google "OBD2 Arduino" and see what pops up. 82,900 hits must mean something is possible.

Yes but they do not have many details about how to construct it and about programming.
Some sites have made already the cable and they want to sell it ready. I want to learn and make
it alone ! Also I would like arduino to receive the data to edit them and finally show then in LCD
and not to connect a PC in order to analyse the data.

I want to learn and make it alone !

There is more to the cable than a few strands of wire.

If you want to just run a few wires, run them to this:

There are schematics on that page is you don't want to buy that. Then, you really can "make it alone".

Thank you! I also find another site :

At the end of the article it has a schematic with arduino.
As you understand more than I do , do you believe that this schematic works ?
Sorry for this question but I am really newbie and I understand little things about electronics!

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/electrical-wiring-questions/23638d1153994657-diy-ecu-scantools-data-cables-obd.jpg

bump, im interested as well

I know this is a super old thread, but if anyone is interested in how to interface (software-side) with an ELM327 OBD-II scanner, check out ELMduino.h.

Power_Broker:
I know this is a super old thread, but if anyone is interested in how to interface (software-side) with an ELM327 OBD-II scanner, check out ELMduino.h.

Any suggestion on hardware side?