Go Down

Topic: ULN2003 - Is there any other stronger tips than ULN2003? (Read 548 times) previous topic - next topic

gmcmurry

Many times when I need extra drive from a ULN2003, I just stack them.  Touch the legs with the iron so they stick well.

Don't worry, it works.

Shotran

I ordered MOSFETs and tried to connect them to my circuit. A MOSFET with ULN2003 worked but it did not really change the brightness, and the tip has got a bit warm in a short period of time. I used only a MOSFET instead of ULN2003 but it was dimmer than using ULN2003.
SO, I think I have to stick with using ULN2003 or change the power source to 12V.

@Mike Thank you for mentioning MOSFET. I will use the tip to my some other works.

@PaulRB  I'll try to make what you suggested me to create sub-groups in series. I wonder if you know any 12V battery that can be plugged into an outlet but can connect to a NANO. As you said, I am a beginner so anykinds of suggestion will be very helpful. I do not have anyone who can advice me on electronics but I will keep it in mind to have someone review a schematic.

@gmcmurry  Yeah ULN2003 is very useful. I liked when it drove 5 motors with no issues with full speed!

PaulRB

I wonder if you know any 12V battery that can be plugged into an outlet but can connect to a NANO.
You can buy 12V SLA batteries in various capacities that are intended for use in security alarms etc. Chargers for them are also readily available. However, when fully charged, their voltages can be 13V+, which is more than Nano is officially rated for.

sterretje

Your schematic indicates massive problems (as pointed out by GrumpyMike in reply #12). Fix that first before trying to fix your brightness problem.

And yes, adding series resistors to each-and-every LED will be a lot of work.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

PaulRB

Your schematic indicates massive problems (as pointed out by GrumpyMike in reply #12).
If only I had thought to point out those problems in post #8, Mike would not have had to trouble himself...

sterretje

If only I had thought to point out those problems in post #8, Mike would not have had to trouble himself...
I apologise, missed it.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up