Controling a 12 V Throttle body servo motor

k3nshin:
I have a spare accelerator pedal and throttle body to test, so extensive testing will be done first before trying it on my car.

Just because you will do extensive testing outside of the car, doesn't mean it will work the same -inside- the car. A car engine bay is a very unforgiving environment; you may get it to work well for a period of time, but if something happens, and the throttle sticks wide open, or something else weird occurs, and it causes you to go out of control causing an accident (with death or injury to another party) - your insurance company, once they find out that you modded the car (and they -will- find out) - well, let's just say the expensive bills will be the least of your worries.

...and don't think "Oh, if I go out of control, I will just do this and that, and something else..." - hopefully you will, but I know from experience, having had my accelerator pedal get stuck on me (from a %&%! floor mat) - and coming up on a red light - yeah, things don't work out how you plan or think they will...

If this is for a vehicle being used on a track, off-road, or away from other vehicles or such - ie, a controlled running environment - then go for it; but you may want to think twice about this if it's for your daily driving vehicle...