Powering ESCs except for LIPOS

Dear members,

I'd like to power my ESCs by something except for LIPO batteries. I am curious; will i give any damage to motors or my ESCs if i use an adjustable adapter instead of batteries. The details of my parts are given below. If it is possible to power them by using an adapter, how much amp should i give them to make them working properly. By the way, if you have any another suggestion to power ESCs for my experiments, please let me learn it.

Thank you so much.

ESC properties:
Power input: 5.6V - 16.8V (2-3 cells Li-Poly, OR 5-12 cells Ni-MH Ni-MH / Ni-Cd battery)
BEC: 2A
Constant current: 30A (Max 40A less than 10 seconds)

Motor properties:
Racerstar BR2212 1400KV 2-4S Brushless Motor

A good start would be to say how many ESCs you want to run. Those motors look as if they will want at least 20A each.

I don't know what you mean by "an adjustable adaptor". Can you give an example of the sort of thing you're talking about? If you mean a mains power supply you're going to need a really powerful (expensive) one to provide 20+A at say 15V for each motor/ESC.

Batteries are usually a lot more practical. If you have some objection to Lipos, then NiMH are still available.

Steve

slipstick:
A good start would be to say how many ESCs you want to run. Those motors look as if they will want at least 20A each.

I don't know what you mean by "an adjustable adaptor". Can you give an example of the sort of thing you're talking about? If you mean a mains power supply you're going to need a really powerful (expensive) one to provide 20+A at say 15V for each motor/ESC.

Batteries are usually a lot more practical. If you have some objection to Lipos, then NiMH are still available.

Steve

Two motors i will be using. But it seems i still need powerful supply which you understood correctly. Actually ı have objection to the all kind batteries. But it seems there is no way not to use them.

Thanks for reply.

A battery is a fantastic energy-storage device. You can run 20A at 5% duty cycle and you only need a 1A power supply to keep the batteries topped up. That might cost you $10 or you can probably find one for free. A 20A power supply is going to cost $200 or more.