Silk screen on PCB how would you do it? EAGLE

I can't find a way to reposition names

Use the "Smash" command, or the "run smash_all.ulp" This "separates" the names and values from the parts, and allows you to move them around, change the layers, change the size, etc.

Another thing I find useful are the silkscreen modifying ULPs. (I think the most recent is silk_gen.ulp; ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/userfiles/ulp/silk_gen.ulp ) Normally, these are for making sure that the silk screen meets the required design rules for line width and so on (silk screen line widths are (were?) frequently not allowed to be as fine as copper layers, and library designers didn't pay much attention, especially with text labels. So there's a fixup.) However, the way they work is that they copy all of the elements that would appear on the silkscreen (possibly fixed) to a new layer. Once that has happened, you can go in and edit that layer as much as you want before exporting IT to the SS gerbers. (beware that it doesn't stay in sync with parts, so you need to do this AFTER the rest of the board is finalized.)