My first arduino project, Overhead crane

So, been working on a project for a while now and finally the results are showable. Electronics can really be a pain in the ass sometimes...
It is not completely done, but tomorrow everything will work, left to do is hiding most of the cables, getting some more leds in there etc.

Trying to get some video that makes it justice, until then some pictures will do.

Xbee and megas under the table

Xbee and nanos on the crane axles, getting commandos, controlling the servos etc

Aluminum parts cut using water cnc

Plastic parts made by this little fellow

Nice work!

A lot more impressive than my first project! :smiley:

covered up the receivers with plastic, on the picture a container is being lifted using electro magnet, green led on top show's that magnet is active

Very nice. I see there are more magnets on your containers, will there be more electro-magnets on the crane for stability?

impressive
It may be you first arduino project but it sure ain't your first project.
Best regards
Jantje

codlink:
Very nice. I see there are more magnets on your containers, will there be more electro-magnets on the crane for stability?

The large containers can should be lifted using both crane axels, and the small with only one, the crane is more for showing a purpose than giving perfect precision.

tobiasr:
the crane is more for showing a purpose than giving perfect precision.

Of course.. Your vid answered my question pretty much. Could the two cranes be synchronous. That it very nice! I bet you have a few hours invested. If I was a train modeler, I would definitely buy one!

codlink:

tobiasr:
the crane is more for showing a purpose than giving perfect precision.

Of course.. Your vid answered my question pretty much. Could the two cranes be synchronous. That it very nice! I bet you have a few hours invested. If I was a train modeler, I would definitely buy one!

Yeah, "a few hours" and like 10k euro did it take

Final product, video some video of the actual functions will be uploaded with better camera soon.

I understand the cost. I am building a life-size humanoid robot that I already have around $2k invested in just the head and using 3 Arduinos. Still might have to add more..

Anyway, yours looks amazing, great job!