uuuggghhhh ebay and common RGB leds

I bought common cathode they delivered common anode!

twice!

starting to wonder if common cathode exists and people simply sell them as what they want...

that or different sellers don't understand...

eg common anode means 1 pin to + 5v the rest to negative.

i want common cathode.. 1 pin to gnd, the rest go to positive!

I can't get common cathode (they say cathode on the packet! but very much anode)

I have bought common cathode rgb leds from ebay. Thing is, the TLC5940 PWM drive I bought is only able to sink so I should have bought common anode instead. Maybe you can change your hardware to use these common anode leds.

all the hardware is setup for common anode...

I just wanted some common cathode led's to play with... :frowning: 20 more arrived today on the packet it says common cathode, most not so... i'll try 1 more time off of ebay, i got 40 RGB LED's Anode... they should all be CATHODE!!!!

1 more attempt for me....

I just dont buy components from ebay, last time I did they were right, but looked like they have been sitting on the shelf for a decade, cause most of that stuff has been

Osgeld:
I just dont buy components from ebay, last time I did they were right, but looked like they have been sitting on the shelf for a decade, cause most of that stuff has been

Such a rigid rule to want to follow! I love some of my e-bay impulse buys of electronic parts and stuff. This latest purchase has been really cool to play around with. Use it as a adjustable voltage regulator and have it read input or output voltage and current draw, or adjust it to be a constant current driver. Lots of fun and uses for $11.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170929163665?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Lefty

yea but that's a thing, I buy things from ebay, I just dont buy components

Lefty i placed a bid won that identical one but with blue voltage reading for.....

evil grin.....

a grand total of........

$2.50 free postage

muahahahhaaaha :slight_smile:

cjdelphi:
eBay

$2.50 free postage

muahahahhaaaha :slight_smile:

Look carefully, they do not appear to be the same device. The one I bought has two pots to make the device act as either a constant voltage regulator or a constant current regulator. Plus mine reads alternatly switches to display both voltage and current in the display. The one you bought appears to be just an adjustable constant voltage regulator with a voltmeter only display. I've bought some regulators like that for $1.52 each with free shipping also, but without the cool display of course. :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251066005460?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Lefty

I bought a set of 8 rapid prototyping lights with common cathode from Majenko's site in England. The lights all have resistors, so you can connect the one ground wire, and up to 8 data pins for the lights. He posts here from time to time (that's how I found about his site). Lets see, he has 2 stripped common cathode lights available right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190705586955?var=490085866313&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649.

It looks like he has some uni-color sets (blue, green, red, yellow, and orange) with common cathode also available.

I have bought common cathode RGB LEDs off eBay from China and they were what they said they were. The problem is that most sellers do not know what they are selling they are just selling on what they bought.

cjdelphi:
I bought common cathode they delivered common anode!

twice!

Cool! Common anode are much more useful.

cjdelphi:
starting to wonder if common cathode exists and people simply sell them as what they want...

The trick is to order common anode... :slight_smile:

Grumpy_Mike:
I have bought common cathode RGB LEDs off eBay from China and they were what they said they were. The problem is that most sellers do not know what they are selling they are just selling on what they bought.

Bingo! That's your answer OP!

common anode ordered lol!

Remember you're not buying from eBay, eBay is just a conduit that connects you with any number of potential suppliers.

Those suppliers you eventually buy from may be highly reputable selling A1 grade stuff, or they may be cowboys selling junk. It's up to you as a buyer to do the due dilligence....