( to developers ARDUINO IDE...) add support /f command in serial monitor

Serial.print ("\ f");

Internal Serial Port monitor does not understand the /f command (new page / sheet or screen cleaning)
As a result, the information is not very convenient.

I suggest adding support for this command
So as in other terminals it was possible to display information beautifully and conveniently.

For example:

Similar code

void loop() 
{

Serial.print("\f"); // очистка  экрана  терминала
              Serial.print("ADC0:");
    Serial.print(3*(analogRead(0)))  ;           
       Serial.println();
Serial.print("ADC1:");
    Serial.print(analogRead(1))  ;         
       Serial.println();
Serial.print("ADC2:");
    Serial.print(analogRead(2))  ;         
       Serial.println();
delay (1000);
}

view in
internal serial monitor:

view in
windows hiperterminal

It is obvious that in the second example, the species is significantly better.

If you want terminal control functions, use a terminal emulator.
(PuTTY is way better than Hyperterm)

I propose to introduce team support in the built-in monitor
Since it was already done, it would be nice to finish it.

selevo:
I propose to introduce team support in the built-in monitor
Since it was already done, it would be nice to finish it.

I don't know what "team support" means. Please provide more information. What do you mean by "it was already done"?

Let it clear the screen and move to position 0.0
As it is done in other terminals
Through Serial.print ("\ f");

I wrote in the first message and showed the difference in presentations in different terminals
Built-in firduino and windows

sorry for my English

Ok, I understood what you meant in your original post, just not the part about team support. I've also thought it would be useful to be able to clear the screen in Serial Monitor.

I'm guessing if you submitted a pull request for this to the Arduino IDE GitHub repository the Arduino developers would give it serious consideration. You might first do some searching through the past issues and pull requests to see if the topic has already been discussed:

Serial monitor is a debugging aid; I doubt it was ever intended as a full fletched terminal program. Its only advantage over other terminal programs is that it's integrated in the IDE and therefore the IDE can control it during code uploads.

In real life you do not want to start the IDE just to view some serial data and you will use a different terminal program that supports ANSI escape codes and saving to file or sending a file to the Arduino.

And if you require that functionality during debugging, it's easy to use another terminal program. As said, only disadvantage is that the IDE can't control it and you have to close the the port manually before code upload. But that's something I can live with.

Just my thoughts.

I use the built in quite a bit and agree with sterretje.

If I need extended functions I use realterm or the others already mentioned.
The IDE is meant to be about as simple as you can get so as not to overwhelm new users to the Arduino.
Adding fancy functions and complexity by way of switches to it is not the way to go IMHO.