Can any one help me with this?

As the topic suggests i have little intelligence in this field, I made a 4x4x4 led cube with an Arduino Uno, uploaded two different codes and now as im finally getting how to program this thing I'm getting an error like this, "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" the last thing i uploaded was just a simple code to switch on and off the leds.... im slowly getting frustrated and starting to consider just getting a new one with all these other "Not in sync: resp=0x00" codes going around... any suggestions? ( I have looked through trouble shooting, and bought a new cord for my Arduino. I should also note that it is still running the last program i uploaded to the Arduino)

Treversole:
As the topic suggests i have little intelligence in this field

No, the topic suggests nothing because it doesn't describe the problem you're having in any way. It is extremely generic.

Treversole:
I should also note that it is still running the last program i uploaded to the Arduino)

Did that program do any Serial.print()s?

May or may not help but check that you have the correct board and serial ports selected. I have had it happen before where the arduino program has randomly changed those settings on me, producing a similar message.

If you go to tools in the top menu you can check there.

Newt

I'm having a similar error. It reads avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30
I've tried swapping out the usb cable, and switching board and port connections. I'm running an old operating system, OS X.4. Is it my FTDI that's gone bad? Just like above, the lilypad is running the last successful upload. It might also be worth noting, the FTDI doesn't recognize if there's no board attached during the upload process. Also, it will blink the red and green LEDs on the FTDI when first plugged in, but no LEDs light up when the program is uploading. If I reset the lilypad, the onboard LED will blink once. I guess that's the bootloader.

Are you trying to program the Arduino Uno with the LEDs connected? Sometimes you may need to disconnect everything from the I/O pins so that it doesn't interfere with the uploading of sketches.

Code.
Schematics.

tuxduino:
Code.
Schematics.

Don't get too excited. The OP hasn't responded to any questions or comments.

... im slowly getting frustrated and starting to consider just getting a new one ...

@OP:

Read this before posting a programming question

A thread title that describes what the problem is, is more helpful than: "Can any one help me with this?".

hiduino:
Are you trying to program the Arduino Uno with the LEDs connected? Sometimes you may need to disconnect everything from the I/O pins so that it doesn't interfere with the uploading of sketches.

I just disconnected the board from the entire schematic and tried to upload the blink program, hoping pin 13 would blink repeatedly. It did not work. So, there is no schematic and the code is the same as the blink code. Upon further troubleshooting, I noticed that the Arduino software performs exactly the same when I completely disconnect the USB and ftdi. It runs through, gives the error message above, and then says "Done uploading.". It would appear it is not the FTDI, but something with either the software or system. I'm running the Lilypad Atmega328, (and tried two different lilypads, so it's not the board). It's also helpful to note, I am not the OP.

FWIW, I had a similar error in two occasions.
One was when I fried a 328.
The other was when the previous successfully loaded sketch was saturating the serial interface with continuous println()s right from the start.
In both cases I had an Arduino 2009. Never tried a Lilypad...

I got this to work. I've never had to install drivers using Arduino on a mac, but that was the issue. I went to sparkfun.com and downloaded the drivers for the ftdi basic.