MIT (Massachusetts Institute of technology) OpenCourseWare

not sure if this has been posted before but this is a nice website by MIT
basically its free notes and lecture on an array of subjects including electrical engineering and computer science

Have to say, I find MIT OCW very useful. I am an Informatics student in South Africa and even though I do a lot of the programming and math in OCW we don't have any 'hardware' focused modules in my course so that is useful too! The extra practice is always welcome! And my marks reflect it! Whats better is I can venture into other fields that interest me such as physics.

Also other universities have similar projects going, currently I am going through Stanford's introduction into robotics at the moment.

I'm currently one of the guinea pigs taking the Stanford online AI and ML courses:

I've been at it for the past two weeks (this week is the third week). Tons of people from all over the world are taking the classes and "enjoying" it - so it might be something to look into if those topics interest you (they also have a DB class that I am not taking). Something I must caution about is to thoroughly know what the pre-reqs are for the courses; the AI class has one of "probability and statistics" - and they mean it. Last week was the "Intro to Probabilities and Bayesian Networks" units (3 and 4) - and it kicked my butt hard (I didn't have the pre-reqs), but I got through it somehow (and learned a ton in the process).

:slight_smile:

GregN:
Also other universities have similar projects going, currently I am going through Stanford's introduction into robotics at the moment.

I just saw your post as I was submitting mine - are you talking about the courses I posted, or something different? If the latter, got a link? :slight_smile:

http://see.stanford.edu/see/courseinfo.aspx?coll=86cc8662-f6e4-43c3-a1be-b30d1d179743

This is the one I am doing :slight_smile: However I will be trying the two you posted as soon as my exams are over!
I am actually hoping to get into the AI stream at my uni, my country seems to have really good intelligence developement going on at the moment! Well either that or the SKA Array!

GregN:
http://see.stanford.edu/see/courseinfo.aspx?coll=86cc8662-f6e4-43c3-a1be-b30d1d179743

This is the one I am doing :slight_smile: However I will be trying the two you posted as soon as my exams are over!
I am actually hoping to get into the AI stream at my uni, my country seems to have really good intelligence developement going on at the moment! Well either that or the SKA Array!

Hey - that's pretty cool; I'll have to check it out further once these two classes I'm already doing are done, and my brain can rest a bit.