Use RemoteXY for Android communication

Isaac96:
So with the free version, it will disconnect after some time?

It's a very short time - maybe a minute? (it's a while since I tried it). It is long enough to satisfy yourself that it works, but not long enough to be useful.

...R

shev:
It problem means, that Arduino sketch does not reply on request from Android app. Did you upload example sketch in Arduino?

Thanks, problem solved. I just bought a PRO version.

Good Luck :slight_smile:

I just downloaded the app only to find the connection time is only 30 seconds! >:( I think I will buy the PRO version.

Hello.
I would like to verify that it works on Arduino DUE ?? I did some tests and got any success.

Thank you.

Hi, I get error "connection is established but device does not reply". I have the Pro version of RemoteXY and I am sure my Arduino is setup correctly as other apps can show the data being sent from Arduino via bluetooth. I'm using Softserial and tried different pins already. Please help?

This is an excellent app!!! I use it myself and was just about to recommend it. Very easy, very useful!!
for those of you concerned about signing up, there are no costs involved for the free version .(I purchased pro from the playstore and payed R59 ZAR for it, thats like 4 dollars.. and its totally worth it!
be warned tho, the GUI (display) is loaded onto the arduino as part of the source code, this makes it very handy because you can connect from any android device and receive the display screen without having to download the new GUI to the phone, but if you are an idiot like me and not aware of this you will search for a way to download this or send it to your android device separately which is not possible.
Excellent app!!! use it!! super easy!!! great explanations and examples!!

Hi friends!
Added a new feature that allows you to control a remote device via Wi-Fi. Primarily added supports ESP8266 module in access point mode . Your smartphone or tablet can connect to an access point directly.
Connecting to Wi-Fi access point is supported by a mobile app version 3.3.1 or more.
To support the new features updated RemoteXY library for Arduino. New library version 2.1.0 available for download by link RemoteXY library download page
The library has a hightly modernization, making the work even better. RemotrXY compiled sketches even less, communication speed even higher. The new library is implementing an updated communication protocol, which is supported by a mobile application version 3.3.1 or more.
Using ESP8266 as Wi-Fi access points will increase the communication range compared to the Bluetooth module. Access point mode as well as Bluetooth does not depend on the network infrastructure or the Internet, and allows connect device and smartphone directly.
How to connect the ESP8266 to Arduino can be found in the documentation section by link ESP8266 WiFi module

RemoteXY added a new feature that allows you to control a remote device via the network. Support of Ethernet W5100 shield and ESP8266 module in client mode connect to the access point. With the correct configuration of the router an opportunity to control the device via Internet.

Hi Guys, I have just tried the RemoteXY apps, it is rather user friendly tools, but I had troubles when connecting with the HC-06 modules, it is just not stable and sometime it gives out message "Connection is established, but device does not reply", does any body came acrossed with this?

Hi, Shev, may I use a temperature sensor LM35 instead thermistor 1K in projekt "Температурный датчик с выводом значения на Android смартфон"?
& is it possible to get the temperature on the screen with four points simultaneously?
Thanks.

@shev

If friends buy the pro version can we share our projects with them without the need for them to actually create the project i.e. can we just provide them with a copy of our Arduino sketch?

pieman:
@shev

If friends buy the pro version can we share our projects with them without the need for them to actually create the project i.e. can we just provide them with a copy of our Arduino sketch?

Yes, you can!!!

+++ Vertical orientation!
+++ Multi pages!

RemoteXY project continues to evolve.
Two new features have been added: support for the vertical orientation of the screen and support multi pages of graphical interface.

Great app! Managed to get a nice display up and running via bluetooth on a tablet and a phone communicating with a Nano, brilliant! Really worth the pro fee/donation. ESP8266 next...
Good work Shev, if a clunky old non-programmer like me can get this going, should be great for everyone!

+++ RGB-color control

Added new feature the RGB-color control element. New control allows to set a wide range of color and transmit data to the controller for each color component R, G, B.

+++ Edit field cotntrol in RemoteXY!!!

Control "Edit field" is intended to enter a text string or a number from the keypad in the GUI. Input field supports the input arbitrary text, integer and float values.
The edit field will allow to make a more flexible management of your devices, allowing you to enter values from the mobile interface keyboard. These values can be the limit values, the coefficients of PID, the time intervals and other data.
New features supported by the mobile app version 3.7.1 or up.
Tutorial of Edit field by link Edit field.

@shev,

How do I bailout of RemoteXY mid sketch, gracefully or otherwise?

I have tried things like:

WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA);
    WiFi.begin(ssid, pass);

it drops the AP connection to RemoteXY but it fails to connect to the router in station mode.

pieman:
@shev,

How do I bailout of RemoteXY mid sketch, gracefully or otherwise?

I have tried things like:

WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA);

WiFi.begin(ssid, pass);

it drops the AP connection to RemoteXY but it fails to connect to the router in station mode.

Try use:

WiFi.disconnect();
WiFi.softAPdisconnect(true);
WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA);
WiFi.begin(ssid, pass);

and you need to deny the call to RemoteXY_Handler (); in loop() function

Now you can sharing your RemoteXY projects and your friends could work with it!
Go to "My projects" list and press "Share" button.

@shev sharing of projects is a very welcome feature, thanks.

The few lines of code below, in the right sections, are fine to stop RemoteXY running:

bool softAPrunning = true;

WiFi.softAPdisconnect(true);

if(softAPrunning == true){  // only call Handler if softAP is still running
    RemoteXY_Handler ();   
  }

I just need to work out how to restart RemoteXY from within my sketch once I have stopped it. I can reset the ESP and that will restart RemoteXY but I would like to do it without a reset.

I have again tried various options, called RemoteXY_Init () and made RemoteXY_Handler() available but no joy.

Any pointers to restart RemoteXY?