LCD_screen Library Suite

I'm pretty sure that the Picaso controller is faster than the Goldelox controller in the smaller displays, so that will be a lot less flicker than what I've experienced in my own tests. My original plan for fancy dials was going to be pre-rendering every possible frame of the dial and saving it out to the SD card, then using the render image function to bring the required frame to the screen. Like blitting but without a mask. Rendering an image off the SD card is very fast, much closer to the speed of rendering a plain square, and since the whole frame overwrites the original pixels on the screen you can do it without a blanking pass to eliminate flicker. You could still use that system on the Picaso screens to increase your frame rate even beyond what you can do with direct drawing.

You could conceivably write a complete image frame to the SD card with a block transfer and then render it to the display. It would be flicker free but framerate would suffer greatly and you'd have to have enough SRAM to buffer the entire rendered image. Still the closest you could get to real page flipping.