Help with parallax serial LCD and arduino uno

Will you support a sticky with some basic requirements for posting, such as pictures, code, link to hardware data sheets?

I think that's a good idea.

I would have been a little surprised if the first two responses to my post ...

The thing is, and beginners don't necessarily know this, and we try to be nice to them, I hope, that anyone who joins a forum has a duty of courtesy to not ask questions without doing at least some research, and preferably referring to it. Otherwise they are just asking us to do for them, something they could have done themselves, in five minutes.

Now since the original post was about wanting to connect a parallax LCD to an Arduino, I googled:

parallax serial LCD +arduino

First response:

(Getting started with Parallax with a link to Arduino code). It contained this sentence: " Please see our new KickStart pages at the Parallax Learning Center:2x16 Serial LCD Backlit.".

That leads to:

http://learn.parallax.com/KickStart/27977

A very detailed page, showing exactly how to wire it up to various devices including an Arduino.

Considering that the answer to his question was hardly obscure, I think a reasonable response to the original post would have been:

You may think (as Mr Koala no doubt does) that this is unhelpful. But really, going to a forum and posting a question, when the answer is readily available, is an abuse of the time of the volunteers who spend a lot of their time, for no payment, in trying to answer questions.