Christmas List

Duane
Looks cool. I have a great musical talent. It is called daughter 8) Took me 16 years to grow it and will be gone when she leaves the house.
On the top of my Christmas list is 6 months paid holidays. I guess there is little chance to see the top item of my Christmas list become reality.

Best regards
Jantje

Similar situation here my talent is called wife, I spent years with a guitar proving beyond doubt that I have not sense of tone or rythm.

I do like an audio project though - instant results and your mistakes can often lead you down new paths to something more interesting than originally intended.

Duane B

I could sure use a paid vacation.

But for electronics, the #1 thing on my Xmas list would be an oscilloscope.

Jantje:
Duane
Looks cool. I have a great musical talent. It is called daughter 8) Took me 16 years to grow it and will be gone when she leaves the house.
On the top of my Christmas list is 6 months paid holidays. I guess there is little chance to see the top item of my Christmas list become reality.

Best regards
Jantje

Become a professor with a university that has tenure and sabbatical system. I just got my tenure and applied for one semester paid leave (that sounds like I did something wrong), aka sabbatical leave. If I leave for a whole year, they won't pay me full salary but partial. On the other hand, you have to work very hard to earn all those leaves.

liudr:

Jantje:
Duane

Best regards
Jantje

Become a professor with a university that has tenure and sabbatical system. I just got my tenure and applied for one semester paid leave (that sounds like I did something wrong), aka sabbatical leave. If I leave for a whole year, they won't pay me full salary but partial. On the other hand, you have to work very hard to earn all those leaves.

I guess the hardest part is becoming a professor in the first place.
But what would you put on your Christmas list?
Best regards
Jantje

Jantje:

It's not that hard, you just have to fail in the real world.

]:smiley:

Chagrin:

Jantje:

It's not that hard, you just have to fail in the real world.

]:smiley:

I don't remember that part. Must be in your imagination.

Jantje:
But what would you put on your Christmas list?
Best regards
Jantje

Maybe finally getting a green card so I don't have to apply for a visa every time to enter this god dimed country and get screwtinized every time like I was gonna steal something from them. After paying taxes for so many years and holding a decent job, you may think they want me to stay. You'd be mistaken. BTW, the sabbatical is not leave as leisure leave but leave with a plan, like writing a book or doing a research project. It's half way between teaching podium and beach chair.

I'd like Santa's elves to fix my Tektronix 453 that finally gave up the ghost. :slight_smile:

I could really use a couple of clones, one to do the day job, one to be a husband and dad, one to go to the gym, and one each for the UNO and Due - I can think of a few more as well.

Duane B

DuaneB:
I could really use a couple of clones, one to do the day job, one to be a husband and dad, one to go to the gym, and one each for the UNO and Due - I can think of a few more as well.

Duane B

That sounds like a good start. I think I'd throw in a couple of clones of the wife as well. :slight_smile:

Funny that I also thought about clones but you need to be very careful to not let the clone know that he is a clone otherwise he will not work your work and try to work against you. So I. designed a scenario to make sure clones don't know they are clones:

First we assume a clone is an exact copy from flesh to soul, including every little detail of mind you used to design this scenario to cheap the clone, without a technique to erase part of memory.

Now lets say we don't have 100% success rate with cloning, like 3d printing organic material is not always successful. I will go inside a tube, get sedated for a full body scan. The next tube will be the target tube where the clone prints out. Then proceeds with scanning and printing. After a while, the printing is finished but both source and target are sedated. Now remove source, wake him up and tell him he is the original, hide him in observation room. Move the clone tube to the location of the source tube to confuse clone. Now attempt to wake the clone, with another tube and some junk inside. If the clone fails to wake, scrap it and try again some other time. If the clone wakes up, tell clone he is the original and the clone fails to print. Tell him to go back to his job. Will this work?

Have you seen the film moon ?

Duane B

DuaneB:
Have you seen the film moon ?

Duane B

No. Is it related to human cloning?

Edit: just read about the plot on wiki. Pretty good one. Only major difference is the mind erase and implanting part. Selling copies of oneself or illegal or legal copies of others would be a popular ebay thing in the future.

liudr:
Is it related to human cloning?

Check out this book: Kiln People - Wikipedia

justjed:

liudr:
Is it related to human cloning?

Check out this book: Kiln People - Wikipedia

Have read that and enjoyed it. Got it with another interesting book called 'The Dice Man' The Dice Man - Wikipedia

Back to the original topic-

I really want to find my old 'Grandstand Astro Wars' table top arcade game for my son to have a play with over Christmas, but as I cant find it, I plan to build one using either an LED Matrix or a TFT Screen. Ordered both, will find a use for both.

Astro wars
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Grandstand/Astro.htm

Plan A - 4 * Small Red Green LED Matrix

Plan B - 2.2inch TFT Display

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com

Monotron is lots of fun.

I'm asking for a legit analog synth, the arturia minibrute (well, not asking, more like telling my parents that I want it and paying for most of it myself)

The Beefinator !

I have looked at your beefinator youtube clips a few times, its a great looking/sounding machine.

Its an Arduino synth engine driven through midi isn't it ?

I am also interested in audio projects, as part of my recent order I added a ribbon controller and some analog joysticks to build a novel interface for the well known Auduino synth.

I also have this ongoing very un midi keyboard project, it has a pretty powerful four oscillator synth engine where each oscillator can trigger, amplitude modulate or Frequency modulate any other oscillator, I just don't have a user interface that shows it off yet - or any musical talent, I am getting on there on the fist part, not so much on the talent part though.

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com