Uploading to LM324

have been trying to upload simple Arduino programs to a micro-controller, using youtube How-To: Shrinkify Your Arduino Projects as an example that references an MIT tutorial. My micro-controller is a LM324N, what differences in wiring would I need to change and would I need some different download file specific for that controller? I have been unable to find anything.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated

Also when choose the correct board as shown in the clip it wont even verify it is as if it loses knowledge of what everything is unable to recognize when you tell something is a OUTPUT or delay as well as few other faults.

Hi

My understanding is the MIT Hi-Low Tech Arduino cores are just for ATtiny45, ATtiny85, ATtiny44 or ATtiny84 microcontrollers so that won't suit. Additional to that I googled the part you list, and it's a quad op-amp not a microcontroller so suspect you meant to type something else there ?

Geoff

I'm with strykeroz. I used an LM324N today and can assure you that it will not accept code from the Arduino IDE.

terryh698:
have been trying to upload simple Arduino programs to a micro-controller, using youtube How-To: Shrinkify Your Arduino Projects as an example that references an MIT tutorial. My micro-controller is a LM324N, what differences in wiring would I need to change and would I need some different download file specific for that controller? I have been unable to find anything.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated

Also when choose the correct board as shown in the clip it wont even verify it is as if it loses knowledge of what everything is unable to recognize when you tell something is a OUTPUT or delay as well as few other faults.

Do you know at least what a LM324n is ?!? is a quad op amp, analogue...NOT A uC at all !!!!!
The micro controller in there is attiny chips.
Despite the fact that you do not know things and want to learn by teaching it to yourself, you could never do it without proper research, mind. So, starting by reading a datasheet always helps a lot and saves u a world of hassle.

My micro-controller is a LM324N

WTF?

youtube How-To: Shrinkify Your Arduino Projects as an example that references an MIT tutorial.

Can you point to this, maybe there's a processor we've never heard of.

Regardless, it will never work with the Arduino IDE.

what differences in wiring would I need to change

Well you will need about 10,000,000 more 324s and then have to wire them up to simulate a processor :slight_smile:

Rob

How-To: Shrinkify Your Arduino Projects

It using 8 pin ATtiny45 or ATtiny85 chips.
It using the Arduino code and IDE.