[Q] How to keep non-volatile parameters with the Arduino Due?

Hello,

On the traditional Arduino products, we have the EEPROM for keeping/modifying the non-volatile parameters your program may read/modify/write/use.

Any hint how to achieve this from your running program on the Due?
Is there an API for this?

Thanks in Advance.

--- Ricky Marek

The SAM has IAP (In Application Programming) instructions that allow an application to write into flash.

I see no reason that a library could not be written to emulate EEPROM storage, or indeed re-task the current EEPROM API.

AFAIK nobody has done this yet but I'd say it would be high on the priorities list.

Rob

Graynomad:
The SAM has IAP (In Application Programming) instructions that allow an application to write into flash.

I see no reason that a library could not be written to emulate EEPROM storage, or indeed re-task the current EEPROM API.

AFAIK nobody has done this yet but I'd say it would be high on the priorities list.

Rob

If I had full control over the SAM3X, that would not a problem due that you can use the sectors that already exist in the internal flash memory and manage it as a good file system.. but the Arduino IDE does not give me that capabilities, (Or my ignorance about this tool hides me the capabilities of it) instead, it erases the whole flash every time you program it.

I was thinking in tailoring an external EEPROM, maybe adding a FRAM board like this one:
![](http://i.ebayimg.com/t/FM24CLXX-FRAM-Board-FM24CL16-Memory-Storage-Module-Development-Board-Kit-3-3V-/00/s/NDUwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqRHJFQE88fB,pYTBPSKFoetnw~~60_3.JPG)
(FM24CLXX FRAM Board FM24CL16 Memory Storage Module Development Board Kit 3.3V)

The access is via I2C, for another 16K of non-volatile memory...

Any comment?

I'd like very much to see something like this done. I fear I do not have the expertise for creating the libraries to handle such tasks.

Currently I have a project that needs some EEPROM storage, say 1KB.

I'm looking at Dallas DS2431, which is a one-wire EEPROM with 1Kb storage. Maybe it would be easy for someone to re-tool the OneWire library to work with the DUE?

I wouldn't know where to start with something like this... :roll_eyes:

-J