Nice Max5 + Arduino project... finished :)

Design the Media & I have been targeted & approached about a big Max5 installation project for a permanent exhibition

For newbies, I used the Max5 framework provided & edited by those gurus at Cycling 74
Big up to them!

The Museum is: Musée de la Buzine - Maison des cinématographies de la Méditerranée

It involves:

• 24 systems with OS Windows 7 64bits + 1 server with Windows 2008 server.
  • 1 Gigabit Ethernet Network
  • 7 touchscreen
  • 10 video-projectors
  • 20 rfid readers
  • 7 arduino boards with 8 buttons + 8 ultrasonic sensors
  • 2 multichannel (>4) sound system

I designed the whole system, integrating visuals from a graphic designer, videos from footage makers, sounds from sound designers.

I had to create several tricky systems like:

• a dynamic subtitler for video (using basic .srt files for easy maintenance & change by the customer)
  • a scheduler (using UDP datagrams to shutdown the whole exhibition at particular hours all along the years & using Wake On Lan UDP datagrams to wake up all in the morning too)
  • a database integration (it provides a system to make Max5 patches knowing what is the language of the visitor’s RFID Card)
  • full network connections to remote control all patches with UDP datagrams (put the installation stand by mode to save energy, etc)
  • specific Arduino firmwares (input reading + output writing)
  • This Museum has been inaugurated by the french Ministry of Culture, 2 days ago.

All infos can be found here