Cosa: An Object-Oriented Platform for Arduino programming

Now it has started to work, however the "full" step and "half" step needs to be investigated :).

PS1: My first encoder does a click every Gray code step (so called "1/4 cycle per detent").
With FULL_STEP it incr/decr every fourth click, with HALF_STEP it incr/decr every second click.

PS2: My second encoder (called "full cycle no detents) incr/decr based on the FULL/HALF_STEP slower or faster.

PS3: My third encoder (called "full cycle per detent") incr/decr twice a click when HALF, and once a click when FULL..
:slight_smile:

PS4: How does fit your mighty.hh the Mighty's pin assignment (see above)? My current understanding is the changes I proposed above does fit the mighty's pinout, you does it differently - why?

PS5: I've changed the types in rotary.hh (to long int) so now I can dial a frequency on my DDS VFO:

CosaRotaryEncoder: started

:slight_smile:

Some new ideas (this is NOT a change request):

1. to make the dial parameters types flexible (signed/unsigned long long, long, int, char)
  2. to measure the time between the increments ("accelerated dialing") - when fast angular speed then double the increment each encoder's cycle (so a fast rotational pulse will create a huge increment). I have it with an very old pic16 DDS design and it works great..
  3. to add a "step" parameter (the increment)
  4. to rename FULL_STEP and HALF_STEP to FULL_CYCLE and HALF_CYCLE (as it is related to the encoder)
  5. the "1/4 cycle per detent" that is an unsupported encoder.

rotenc.jpg