Getting started with arduino uno chapter 0

On my arduino I setup for the single LED blink program and connected it to pin 13 cathode and grd on the anode this works fine.
I then wanted to do the next step of the tutorial with the alternating LED's. For this I connected up the LEDS from Pin 2 - 8 and did the setup, did not work. I then checked my connections and resistors all good.
Connected jumper from pin 13 Digital output to breadboard placed LED and jumped back to ground on arduino.
Still did not work.
LED's work fine on the arduino.

Any help is appreciated.

tuxman:
On my arduino I setup for the single LED blink program and connected it to pin 13 cathode and grd on the anode this works fine.

Do not do that again. LEDs always get current limiting resistors.

I then wanted to do the next step of the tutorial with the alternating LED's. For this I connected up the LEDS from Pin 2 - 8 and did the setup, did not work. I then checked my connections and resistors all good.

You had resistor(s) included in the circuit?

Do you have the LEDs the wrong way around?

Checked the polarity on the LED's and even switched them around, 560 ohm resistor on the cathode side of the LED. Ran a 24 awg jumper to my bread board. Circuit is in tack based on ohm test using sound setting on my ohm meter.

Can you give a picture of the wiring?