VIN Pin on Arduino Due: Sourcing

How much current can the VIN Pin provide? Is it regulated? I cant seem to find out the schematic.

Or is it a straight connection from the barrel jack?

Thanks,
Daniel

It's a straight connection to the barrel jack almost, it goes through an inductor but that won't affect you I think.

The jack on on the schematic between the two USB ports.

EDIT: The PCB traces may be a limitation current wise, I've not looked at them.

Rob

Graynomad:
It's a straight connection to the barrel jack almost, it goes through an inductor but that won't affect you I think.

The jack on on the schematic between the two USB ports.

EDIT: The PCB traces may be a limitation current wise, I've not looked at them.

Rob

Actually the limit is most likely the series polarity protection diode wired between the power connector's positive contact and the input to the on-board +5vdc voltage divider. That diode has a 1 amp max continuous rated diode as I recall.

Lefty

Lefty,

Does this mean that VIN will only source 1A of current? I am developing an Arduino shield for the Due that has 3 motor drivers as well as an xbee module. I was planning on using the VIN pin, to power the drivers as well as the 5V pin to be regulated down for the XBEE but now I might have some issues.

My motors are 12V 300mA free running. x3 this will draw too much current if VIN only supplies 1A. Looks like I might have to do some external power.

Daniel