Custom Enclosures for Arduino! Free next day worldwide shipping!!!

Hi all.
Want to share with you my enclosures.

Request any custom dimensions, windows for LCDs, sensors, buttons and wires.

There are a lot of variations, colors, dimensions. Free custom engraving is available with any purchase!!!
Feel free to contact me for any additional information.

Check out Security Measure or http://www.zigo.am

Also watch this video for more info:

Now available in a cute box for safer transportation and better look!!!

Ask for any custom dimensions and modifications!
I will provide best service and prices.
Check out Security Measure

Want to share some news about our service.

Analyzing shipping stats I can now be sure that EU items are delivered in just 10 days. We are shipping them in 1 or 2 days, so you will get your order in less than two weeks!!!

Start ordering now!

http://stores.ebay.com/zigo

Announcing FREE next day worldwide shipping!
No hidden shipping costs and also your orders will be handled in one business day.

Free engraving and 100.000 best wishes as usual!

Introducing transparent acrylic enclosures!!!

Look quite good, but they leave little room for sensors.

Do you also have weather proof variants, lots of people make (outside) weather stations with their Arduino.

robtillaart:
Look quite good, but they leave little room for sensors.

Do you also have weather proof variants, lots of people make (outside) weather stations with their Arduino.

Hi. Thanks for kind words.

In fact there are no weather proof versions at this moments. But what about sensors, it's possible to have a box with any dimensions. Usually this standard size is enough for some standard tasks. Let me know if you need a customization or have some ideas for weather proof version.

some ideas for weather proof version.

The weather station version need to be watertight and to be able to let wind through to measure the temperature and humidity, but keeps rain outside.
The box must have a hole (rubber?) for wires to sensors outside the box e.g. anemometer and wind compass.
The box must have means to connect it to a wall or a pole.
The box must not block wifi or xbee signals (for those who want to be wireless)
The box must be big enough to hold lipo or other battery

robtillaart:
The weather station version need to be watertight and to be able to let wind through to measure the temperature and humidity, but keeps rain outside.
The box must have a hole (rubber?) for wires to sensors outside the box e.g. anemometer and wind compass.
The box must have means to connect it to a wall or a pole.
The box must not block wifi or xbee signals (for those who want to be wireless)
The box must be big enough to hold lipo or other battery

In fact it's very hard to make the box waterproof and have holes for wind at the same time... Thinking about all your suggestions...

In fact it's very hard to make the box waterproof and have holes for wind at the same time...

you can do that with what I know as louvre windows .
/
/
/
/
A window with wooden strips in a small angle. It will hold the rain which comes from above but allows wind to pass through.

get the idea?

robtillaart:

get the idea?

Got it. Thanks a lot for idea. Nice thing... making sketches for laser cut... will post images when ready.

volshebnick:
In fact it's very hard to make the box waterproof and have holes for wind at the same time... Thinking about all your suggestions...

I would think you want to make 2 boxes that stack on each other. The bottom box is all electronics and is fully NEMA sealed. All of the wires leading in/out of the box go through NEMA sealed cable glands. Some of the wires from the cable gland go to the other box, which is your wind station. It has holes to measure the wind. You might not even need to put the wind station in a box, just have it connected. Given some of the storms I've been out in, I would not trust louvered windows to protect the electronics.

I would imagine one problem with electronics sealed in a box is heat build up, particularly if there are voltage regulators that produce heat as a consequence of changing the voltage. I could imagine having air ports that are either mounted on the bottom via a pipe long enough that you don't have to worry about wind borne rain, or via an S shaped tube similar to what is used in most sinks/toilets.

Now that I think about it, you could combine the heat vents with the wind openings by mounting the Arduino box on top, and have some vents in the bottom away from the ends, and have the wind holes in the bottom compartment. The only problem might be heat wants to rise. You might need a low powered fan to draw the heat down.

@volshebnick, These enclosures look just fantastic! Kudos on having such a beautiful sense of design. Honestly, I'm surprised the price is so low.

Since you mentioned customizing enclosures, I want to ask: Can you customize enclosures on an as-needed basis for small changes like cutouts/holes or slightly longer along one axis? I'm talking about low quantities (1 to 10 enclosures). If you provide this service, what kind of price range will such custom enclosures be?

giantsfan3:
@volshebnick, These enclosures look just fantastic! Kudos on having such a beautiful sense of design. Honestly, I'm surprised the price is so low.

Since you mentioned customizing enclosures, I want to ask: Can you customize enclosures on an as-needed basis for small changes like cutouts/holes or slightly longer along one axis? I'm talking about low quantities (1 to 10 enclosures). If you provide this service, what kind of price range will such custom enclosures be?

Hi there.
Sorry I was having some holidays and was not able to answer you.
We are customizing enclosures for free if there are just small changes as you asked. It doesn't depend on quantity, even if you purchase one item, you can ask for a hole or a window to be cut out. The only price change will happen if you increased the size of item and we use more material to produce it.
So if you need something custom for your project with small changes - price will stay fixed as in listing.
Feel free to ask any other question if you have.

Happy to introduce our new service!

Full color photo printing on enclosures.

Using Mimaki UJF-3042 printer, so we can print white color as well as glossy clear ink for better look and emboss effect. Price varies between $5 and $20, depending on the image size.

Laser engraving is FREE as before, so you can choose the best option for your needs.

Hi

Has anyone recived products from this seller? I have been trying to reach him for a week. Also i bought a sample, but no feedback. Does anyone know hot to get hold of this guy?

I did not recieved my ordered enclousure, neighter a respons from the seller

OK, will try to call his company lazer.am .

Get a response of the seller and he explained what happened and so he refund my money, because I did buy another enclosure.