Go Down

Topic: Your latest purchase (Read 325500 times) previous topic - next topic

Boardburner2

There are ground trucks also that  can supply the air , most airliners use an apu though these days.

travis_farmer

I just received a purchase of a Mini 2560 board, as well as a portable programmer from @CrossRoads. I am very pleased with the quality of the boards! they were packaged very nicely, and arrived very quickly. I very much look forward to using them! :D
I would post pictures, but they are right on Robert's website. though once they are in use, i may take some pictures of my project.

~Travis
Current Obsession: My server rack cooler, and my CNC Router
Check out my website, i have my own under-used forum on my hobby server.

Qdeathstar

The mini mega is very exciting... sadly most of my projects now go on an esp8266
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

travis_farmer

at roughly 2 inches square, it is mini, too. :D

as i currently have just the one, i am almost scared to dedicate it to one project. but i bought it specifically for my server rack cooler, so dedicated it is. ( i will just have to buy more, as needed ;) )

the portable programmer would be better in an enclosure, but then it wouldn't look nearly as cool. perhaps i will put it into a clear enclosure to protect it.

~Travis

Robin2

I just got a cheap 3D printer kit

They are cheap enough now that I have almost had my money's worth of fun just building it.

The next trick is to get a RAMPS board and see if my own simple software works as well as Repetier :)

(The RAMPS board is so I don't screw up the software that came with the printer).

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Qdeathstar

Oct 17, 2017, 12:59 am Last Edit: Oct 17, 2017, 01:02 am by Qdeathstar
Your software will probably work better for you since you wrote it, on the other hand repetier has a lot of different fail safes to help make the printer safer...

as far as cheap printers goes, i like the design of that one... no shitty lead screws to wear out or create back lash... wonder how bouncy it is on z-lift for nozzle movements...

Writing your own software to control the printer seems like a lot of work. The printer didn't come with ramps?
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

TomGeorge

Hi,
I love the3D printer, does it make objects other then small laundry baskets

Tom.. :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

larryd

Oct 17, 2017, 01:35 am Last Edit: Oct 17, 2017, 01:37 am by larryd
I just received a purchase of a Mini 2560 board, as well as a portable programmer from @CrossRoads. I am very pleased with the quality of the boards! they were packaged very nicely, and arrived very quickly. I very much look forward to using them! :D
I would post pictures, but they are right on Robert's website. though once they are in use, i may take some pictures of my project.

~Travis
I got a few Megawienies from Bob, they are great!
Here is my version how to use it with a breadboard.

My latest purchase, 20 minutes ago. ;)

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

TomGeorge

Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

larryd

I just got a cheap 3D printer kit

They are cheap enough now that I have almost had my money's worth of fun just building it.

The next trick is to get a RAMPS board and see if my own simple software works as well as Repetier :)

(The RAMPS board is so I don't screw up the software that came with the printer).

...R
Link ?

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

CrossRoads

Dang, that pizza looks good.,
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

"I would post pictures, but they are right on Robert's website. though once they are in use, i may take some pictures of my project."

Do post some pictures of the mini2560 (vs LarryDs use of the MegaDIP) and lets see how you're using it.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Robin2

Writing your own software to control the printer seems like a lot of work. The printer didn't come with ramps?
The printer has its own all-in-one board with an Atmega2560 and all the drivers and mosfets. At this stage I don't want to mess with that. I'm not sure that the printer came with the source code for the program that is on the board. So if I get another RAMPS board and Mega I can just connect the steppers etc to it. Having a separate board will also make it easy to align parts of my code with the actions of the official board.

I already have most of the DIY software working to drive 3 motors on a small lathe. I just need to add a 4th copy of some functions so I can work the extruder motor. And extend my Python code to interpret a few more GCode messages. My current .ino file is about 500 lines and that may double when I add control of the heater and the end stops. My Python code to interpret the gcode is also about 500 lines. So say 2000 lines altogether. The single Repetier file motion.cpp has almost 3000 lines of code. The Marlin file marlin.cpp has about 13,000 lines. LESS IS MORE :)

And, to be honest, writing the software is more fun than the 3D printing :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Robin2

Link ?
Anet A2

This is just one of dozens. I bought mine on Ebay UK.

...R

travis_farmer

"I would post pictures, but they are right on Robert's website. though once they are in use, i may take some pictures of my project."

Do post some pictures of the mini2560 (vs LarryDs use of the MegaDIP) and lets see how you're using it.

I will post some untarnished (in relation to my soldering skills ;) ) pictures after work. I plan to start moving my prototype from the breadboard over to the mini2560 this weekend. it may have been better for me to alter my schematic and design a board of the circuit + 2560, all on one board, and just have you do the SMD components, in after thought.
I planed on adding right-angle headers to the bottom of the board, but i will most likely just solder the wires directly to the board, from the under-side (for a cleaner appearance).
One thing i forgot about was the ethernet+SD shield. so i will either have to figure something out, or use a ESP for the network component. though i have not used them much, so it will be a bit of an uphill battle.
But anyway, i have to get ready for work at the moment.

~Travis

Go Up